Tacho rule query

Evening all
Quick question. Do you need to insert your card and include hours etc when attending a show in the firms unit? Not being paid but for time etc.
Cheers

No your not gettin paid its in your own time.

If the truck has a gross over 7.5t the you are in scope of the EU regs, so it’s card in, all your hours count and you need to stick to the rest periods

There is no personal use exemption for over 7.5t, getting paid or not matters not!

stevieboy308:
If the truck has a gross over 7.5t the you are in scope of the EU regs, so it’s card in, all your hours count and you need to stick to the rest periods

There is no personal use exemption for over 7.5t, getting paid or not matters not!

So hyperthetically, if I “rented” my truck from my boss to move house would I have to put my card in? Would it make a difference if I rented a truck (over 7.5t) from a rental agency?

Or are we saying that as full time professional drivers that we always HAVE to put our cards in?

Anything over 7.5t, for any purpose, is in scope, so a tachograph record must be kept.

Up to 7.5t for personal is out of scope, so no tacho needed.

If you rent or borrow your employer’s 7.5t truck to move your own belongings then it is exempt. Any use of a larger truck needs a tacho.

madmackem:

stevieboy308:

So hyperthetically, if I “rented” my truck from my boss to move house would I have to put my card in? Would it make a difference if I rented a truck (over 7.5t) from a rental agency?

Or are we saying that as full time professional drivers that we always HAVE to put our cards in?

Yep it make no difference if you rent your over 7.5t truck from work, hire one from a hire company or borrow a mates, then you’d treat it just like being at work

And if you’re a full time driver or never drove a truck since passing your test 30 years ago, it makes no difference, both would need their cards in.

Upto 7.5 then you would treat it just like driving your car

you could always do a manual entry signed in blood for having forgotten your card when your doing your show whilst your misses is enroute with it on the chance your a victim of the law.perish the thought you mislaid it on the monday though…stranger things have happened. :wink:

Cheers for the info. What about wtd rules etc? I take it that I can switch onto rest once at the show?

Don’t feed the troll…