Do I need to put card in

Alfa1M:
Interesting… how about Horseboxes and Motorhomes over 7.5T… surely not on tacho?

Yep, horsebox over 7.5t for personal use is in scope of the EU regs, this changed to be the case in 2007, so it’s basically the same as being at work. Someone who works in an office Mon - Fri couldn’t then drive their own horsebox just for their hobby on sat an sun as they won’t be able to comply with the weekly rest requirements. Their options are run a 7.5t or one over that that is over 25 yours old, as there’s a personal use exemption for vehicles over that age for non commercial carriage

muckles:
I did a few local carnivals a fete many years ago in the days of analogue tacho’s, I used to put a card in and write which event I was doing, its voluntary work and easy for the DVSA to check if they want to take it further.

So I would say put your card in, as correctly stated previously its over 7.5t, and do a printout, I’d bet if stopped and everything generally in order nothing would be said, maybe also take a few pictures and stick on a social media platform of your choice.

But mainly enjoy the strange sensation of being appreciated and cheered by Joe and Joanne Public for driving your truck through the local town. :laughing:

A printout makes no difference as you’re in scope the same as being at work, so you need the driving time available and comply with rest periods etc

I wouldn’t worry. I have driven trucks in a few carnivals in the UK over the years, the vehicle and drivers were exempt.

Pat Hasler:
I wouldn’t worry. I have driven trucks in a few carnivals in the UK over the years, the vehicle and drivers were exempt.

When was the last time, Pat? The law changed a few years ago as mentioned a couple of posts earlier - there is no longer any exemption for goods vehicles over 7.5T

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The EU rules (Regulation (EC) 561/2006) apply to drivers of most vehicles used for the carriage of goods - defined as goods or burden of any description

exemption
Vehicles or combinations of vehicles with a maximum permissible mass not exceeding 7.5 tonnes used for the non-commercial carriage of goods.

Roymondo:

Pat Hasler:

When was the last time, Pat? The law changed a few years ago as mentioned a couple of posts earlier - there is no longer any exemption for goods vehicles over 7.5T

That’s tough, I was last driving exempt vehicles in 99. I admit I am out of touch, best thing to do is ask the authorities, there has to be some way round those rules for carnivals etc. The same rules allowed me to drive a wagon and drag that was over 65ft long.

Pat Hasler:

Roymondo:

Pat Hasler:

That’s tough, I was last driving exempt vehicles in 99. I admit I am out of touch, best thing to do is ask the authorities, there has to be some way round those rules for carnivals etc. The same rules allowed me to drive a wagon and drag that was over 65ft long.

Rules changed in 2007

So going to Truckfest etc must mess up weekly rest periods? How do drivers stay legal when they drive back Sunday night, or do they stay until Monday and carry on with their work schedule?

Muckaway:
So going to Truckfest etc must mess up weekly rest periods? How do drivers stay legal when they drive back Sunday night, or do they stay until Monday and carry on with their work schedule?

Like the first truck racing, off the ferry into Donington Park, drop your trailer, scrub the rubber off your tyres and on the way to your delivery [emoji23]

Muckaway:

As long as they get 24 hours off, no problem

Alfa1M:
Interesting… how about Horseboxes and Motorhomes over 7.5T… surely not on tacho?

Yes, card/chart in and goes towards your working week.

Paul

I don’t see the problem unless you are a driver who regularly maxes out their hours. A Monday to Friday driver would have no problem clocking up a few extra hours on a Saturday.