Failed my class 1 [emoji53]

4yorks:
So what do you do? Stay behind him and not make progress? Aka Undue hesitation and fail or overtake the idiot cycling right in the middle of the road making it difficult to pass.

I understand that you’re frustrated because it cost you a pass but if you got unnecessarily too close to a vulnerable road user the examiner was right to fail you.

To be honest it’s a bit worrying that someone who wants to drive large vehicles thinks it’s wrong to have to stay behind a slower road user :frowning:

The cyclist shouldn’t have been in the middle of the road but part of the skill/aptitude of driving is having the patients to deal with other road users in a safe manner, by getting too close to the cyclist you failed to show that you have an aptitude to drive large vehicles safely on public roads.

4yorks:
They should stick to the path (as ironically there was a public footpath at the side the road)

As has already been said it’s illegal to ride a bicycle on a pavement and while I think it’s right that some leeway should be given where there’s no chance of cyclists hitting pedestrians I hope it stays illegal to ride a bike on a pavement.

The small percentage of cyclists I see who have no regard for other road users would create havoc and danger for pedestrians and especially children if they were allowed to legally ride on pavements that don’t have a dedicated cycling lane.

Anyway better luck next time :wink: