Passing Class1 - 5th Test Result ( fail )

I did think for a while before posting this thread.
Failed my first 4 tests for class1 :
Tests 1and 2 on reverse : my fault entirely did,nt
understand logic of reverse at all.
Test 3 : clipped kerb on roundabout and moved into outside
lane bit to sharp forcing car behind to slow.
Test 4 : at roundabout and junction required other traffic to slow.
( nothing dramatic but still 1 major fault )
In each of these tests only had 1 or 2 serious faults.
With between 5 and 9 driving faults.
Last week test number 5
Result fail
:14 minor faults 5 serious driving faults.
8 of the minor faults and 3 of the major faults were for not
using the left hand mirror enough!
I had,nt had this examiner before but my instructor said that he/she
was hot on mirrors.
I do,nt think i realised he meant boiling hot!
My instructor considers me an excellent all round driver.
As i have said in the past when you fail you only have yourself to blame.
New wannabe drivers can take heart when they fail by my experiences.
I already have test six booked.
If at first you don,t succeed…

By the way : i have been driving for 34 years have never had points on my licences and currently drive about 65,000 milles a year in my
present job driving which i have done for the last 4 years.

Oh dave, sorry to hear your bad news… :frowning: :frowning:
But it certainly sounds like you are one pretty determined bloke. :smiling_imp:
No doubt you will get there, hopefully on number six… Whens the test this time mate??

Just try and remember to learn from your past tests and what it is they (the examiners) want from you…

I failed my first class one last week, and everyone has just repeated to me, “take your Time”, “slow down”… … so just make sure, that now, you use your nearside mirror before you do anything… even if you think about doing something, look in your nearside mirror then the off-side… even if you dont do it anyway. :unamused:

Good luck on your nest test buddy, we are all rooting for ya… :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry to hear your news, both of you.

David, it seems to me that you have mastered every aspect of the test, but have not yet managed to bring them all together on the same test.

Just keep at it. Eventually, it will all come together at the same time.

What happened in your test, Andy? Is there a separate thread? Same applies to you though, just plug away. You`ll get it, next time, 5 minors.

There is no driving test IN THE WORLD more difficult than the British HGV (LGV C+E) test. Don`t be disappointed if it takes a couple of goes to get it.

Vince

Hiya vince…

Yeah, Here is my thread…

5 minors??.. I dont want that many, but hey, if it passes me my test, I’ll take 14… hahahaha

Hello Andy, Ive just had a look at the thread. I hadnt seen it before- with a tramping job and two young children, I have never had the time to read even e tenth of the messages posted on TruckNet, more`s the pity.

You look dead cool stood in front of that Iveco! You`ll do it.

Vince

Vince:
You look dead cool stood in front of that Iveco! You`ll do it.
Vince

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Thanx Vince… :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Keep going David you can do it, took me 4 goes at it.

Bad luck David sorry to hear your news but am sure you’ll be successful with your determination.

Sorry to hear you missed out Andy this time, it’ll happen next time I’m sure mate.

I’ve had the worst week ever…failed my Class1 today!! Just couldn’t get my head round the reversing all week. But onwards we all go…

Rob

Sorry to hear the news. One day they will develop a test which tests the drivers driving ability & not their ability to pass a test.

sorry to here your bad news, i don’t know how much it is costing you per test,if you fail next time round which i hope you don’t will you carry on or will you call it a day? :wink:

hey no worries just keep going! I failed one test for going to slow! passed 2nd time thou!

After 5 tests it seems you need some lessons not another test. The lessons are the cheap compared with the cost of just going for a retest.

Lessons build confidence, whereas failed tests just knock it.

Try another instructor, and meet him before laying out any money. Any worthwile instructor should be able and willing to demonstrate his own ability both at driving and instructing.

Good Luck.

david 14 one idea you could try is to actually talk yourself (in your head)about whats happening in front of you as you drive along.A sort of running
commentry if you like.It helps to remind you of what you’re supposed to
be doing as you go along,(i.e. mirrors e.tc.)

Makes you realise just how much there is to deal with as you drive along.
No wonder were nackered by the end of it!

P.S. Took me three times to pass class one aswell!!!

David, the main advice I was given is to go out & enjoy the drive. Talk to the chap he wont bite :smiley: . Best of luck mate.