Did you pass first time?

Just wondering how many of you passed first time or if not what you failed on?

Had my C+E test yesterday and buggered up the reverse :frowning: im not even sure what i did was coming around fairly ok and then it all went wrong, prob nerves and the fact im so used to driving ridgids and havent had any experience with anything that bends until Monday! Am taking the pick up and horsebox out tommorow and going to reverse it until i can do it blind folded lol!
The rest of the test went really well only got 4 minors for the drive, 3 for hestitation and one for trying to pull away in the wrong range so overall am pleased with that, route took me on some tight roundabouts and junctions and did them all spot on, just want to get a re-test booked asap now. Ive had a taste of driving artics and i love it :laughing:

Apart from my module 2 (CPC theory) I passed everything first time

Remember on you’re reversing you can have a shunt forward if it does go a little wrong I used one on my test got marked down for it but he thought I was gonna get in without using it.

It may help it may not but a tip my instructor gave me was turn the bottom of the steering wheel which ever way you want the trailer to go. That helped quite a bit as I was trying to rush the reverse and got muddled up.

failed 1st time :frowning:
clipped a kerb, so i knew i’d failed. still did the whole test, and went through all the questions.
the examiner said to me, “i don’t know if its any consolation, but if you hadn’t of hit the kerb, you’d of passed.”
it wasn’t any consolation :grimacing:
2nd time for me, although it was 20 years ago, i’m sure i’d fail today if i took a test.

Did bike car and class 2 first time failed class 1 cos i clipped a roundabout.
But it was in Northampton on a saturday dinnertime.
Too many cars and no room to pull out.
re-did it on the wednesday and passed with 2 marks if i remember right.

chilistrucker:
failed 1st time :frowning:
clipped a kerb, so i knew i’d failed. still did the whole test, and went through all the questions.
the examiner said to me, “i don’t know if its any consolation, but if you hadn’t of hit the kerb, you’d of passed.”
it wasn’t any consolation :grimacing:
2nd time for me, although it was 20 years ago, i’m sure i’d fail today if i took a test.

Examiner said a similar thing to me, reverse was the first thing so knew id failed but carried on did the un-couple/couple and drive. On the de-brief he said its a shame i didnt have an extra day’s training and my test today, probally would have been a different result! :confused:

its annoying, but good luck i’m sure you’ll breeze the next one :grimacing:
i remember my first day out on my own in an artic, the reversing took a while :grimacing: but it all falls into place after a while.

Class 2 - 2nd time (speeding on a 30mph dual)
Class 1 - 1st time

But it was all pointless anyway. Never made it to anything more than an agency driver on rigids getting work on the odd day of the week, earning under 200 a week. Sometimes under 100. It’s as good as being unemployed.
In hindsight I’d definitely never have wasted my money.

Failed my class 2, pulled out on some ■■■■ speeding around a blind roundabout and completely cocked up the rest of the drive. Passed second time.

Passed class 1 first time despite nearly taking the wrong exit on a mini roundabout that resulted in me skewing the trailer round without thinking twice, got away with it.

You sound like you will be fine, on a test the reverse is the easier part because its set it stone. Hazards develop and situations change when out on the drive and you have ■■■■■■ that so don’t beat your self up.

Driving test first time 33 years ago Class 1 4 years later first time :grimacing: :grimacing:

yeah 1st time, managed to grab licence on hook machine first time at the sea side. best £1 I ever spent.

Cruise Control:
yeah 1st time, managed to grab licence on hook machine first time at the sea side. best £1 I ever spent.

liar, no one wins on those 1st time :smiley:

All passed first time

Late 70s in a 7.5 tonner for first licence
1988 class 1 HGV (now LGV C+E)
1997 advanced car
1998 advanced LGV

Other various advanced driving assessments since 2000

Forklift as well - does that count?

mfm:
Driving test first time 33 years ago Class 1 4 years later first time :grimacing: :grimacing:

Is that when you had to start the engine by winding a thing up on the front?? :wink:

FarnboroughBoy11:

mfm:

Is that when you had to start the engine by winding a thing up on the front?? :wink:

you still do that today with a scania! :sunglasses: :smiley:

Failed 1st car test. :frowning:

Passed Class 1 first time. :slight_smile:

Failed car twice:lol:! Bike, coach, class two and class one all first time pass.

Lucky passed first time but the artic test was a pretty awful experience, was shaking the whole way through, think the only reason i passed was because we were sitting in traffic and started talking about driving lorries fully loaded and i was telling him how im careful about overloading axles and what i do to check etc.

Cruise Control:

FarnboroughBoy11:

mfm:

you still do that today with a scania! :sunglasses: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: True, anything to get the bugger going!!

passed cat B, C+E and H first time. passed cat C second time

failed class 2 first test on lane disipline took wrong lane on 3 lane roundabout, instead of going around i waited for the traffic to clear from my n/s indicated and away i went totaly safe and in control, instant fail :frowning: only had 2 minors aswell.