Aberdeen bypass

My satnav is telling me to go up it in the morning from Stonehaven. It’s not open yet is it?

Got a drop at a sub station (AB33 8LP) and skipping Aberdeen would be a handy bonus. What about Slug Rd up to Crathes then A90 to Banchory then A980 up to B9119? Says 13ft 9in restriction on Slug Rd but I can’t see where… Any local knowledge appreciated

Just follow sat nav blindly :smiley:

Not open yet though its not far off by the looks of it

The height restriction is the railway bridge in Stonehaven, If you’re in an artic, its not a quick road , and a few tight turns that need care few trees close to the edge , far bit of "rural traffic"if you’re unlucky, price you pay for cross country ,a bit better in a rigid but still need to be on your toes.

chaversdad:
Not open yet though its not far off by the looks of it

This spring , no wait, this Summer, hold on, this Autumn,maybe late Autumn, maybe not… :confused: :confused:

Surely, if you take the left turn AFTER the main Stonehaven turn off, it’s signposted Spurryhillock Ind. Estate, and then follow the Banchory signs, it avoids the low railway bridge. Plenty of artics take that route.

biggriffin:
Just follow sat nav blindly :smiley:

That’s what i do :smiley:

Supatramp:
Surely, if you take the left turn AFTER the main Stonehaven turn off, it’s signposted Spurryhillock Ind. Estate, and then follow the Banchory signs, it avoids the low railway bridge. Plenty of artics take that route.

This 100%

Ah I see the bridge now. Didn’t even check that far into Stonehaven as I’m going the other way away from it.

Just don’t know whether to stick with going in/out of Aberdeen or to cut across. Touch wood I should be around Aberdeen by about 7am so hopefully traffic won’t be too bad

toonsy:
Ah I see the bridge now. Didn’t even check that far into Stonehaven as I’m going the other way away from it.

Just don’t know whether to stick with going in/out of Aberdeen or to cut across. Touch wood I should be around Aberdeen by about 7am so hopefully traffic won’t be too bad

At that time go over the slug rd, you will end up queuing from Portlethen all the way into Aberdeen if you don’t

scottie0011:

toonsy:

At that time go over the slug rd, you will end up queuing from Portlethen all the way into Aberdeen if you don’t

And if you take the Upper Deeside Road out to Banchory, it’s traffic lights after traffic lights, and today they’ve been reporting on the BBC traffic reports of road works at Milltimber. If you take the Lower Deeside Road, from the Bridge of Dee, it’s almost as twisty as the Slug Road.

I would estimate that by taking the Slug Road, at that time, you’ll save at least 30 minutes. As I said, artics use it all the time!

Remember if driving from the South into Aberdeen do not cross the bridge in front of you .There is a width restriction and you will be fined (I was) . You drive parallel with the river and cross another bridge down stream.

alamcculloch:
Remember if driving from the South into Aberdeen do not cross the bridge in front of you .There is a width restriction and you will be fined (I was) . You drive parallel with the river and cross another bridge down stream.

Yeah I missed it going up because I used the Slug Rd which worked out nice. Diverted around said bridge on the way down so all cool.