Working hours question

Due to do cpc course 5am till 1pm one day, but then starting my next driving shift 11pm of the same day■■? If im in work till roughly 9.30am next morning is this ok?? Im just confused a bit with the 24hour period bit . Im guessing its from 5am till 5am next day which would be 14 hours of work (Not with breaks taken) so is fine??

It’s not morally right but it is legally right

Thats what I was thinking!!

Your first day starts at 5am but ends at 1pm then as you’re taking 9 hrs off your second day starts at 11pm and technically you could work until 2pm the next day, I doubt you would want to but legally you could.

Genuine question, what other industry would expect people in the classroom at 5 a.m.? :unamused:

Using one of your three reduced daily rests it is legal as you have 10 hours off between CPC and shift

What did you do before the CPC course starts :question:

ValleysTrucker:
Due to do cpc course 5am till 1pm one day, but then starting my next driving shift 11pm of the same day■■? If im in work till roughly 9.30am next morning is this ok?? Im just confused a bit with the 24hour period bit . Im guessing its from 5am till 5am next day which would be 14 hours of work (Not with breaks taken) so is fine??

Your first shift started at 05:00 and finished at 13:00 you then had a reduced daily rest period of 10 hours before starting a new shift (a new period of 24 hours) at 23:00 which you finished at 09:30.

That’s legal and assuming you’re having an 11 hour rest after finishing at 09:30 you’ve had one reduced daily rest period.

It’s legal but not advisable, shifts like that will soon [zb] you up.

albion:
Genuine question, what other industry would expect people in the classroom at 5 a.m.? :unamused:

It’s not a bad idea if you normally start around that time as it keeps your body clock the same but it’s a crap idea to then expect someone to start work again at 23.00 the same day .

ROG:
Using one of your three reduced daily rests it is legal as you have 10 hours off between CPC and shift

Long weekend off since 8.45am Saturday morning.

tachograph:

ValleysTrucker:

Your first shift started at 05:00 and finished at 13:00 you then had a reduced daily rest period of 10 hours before starting a new shift (a new period of 24 hours) at 23:00 which you finished at 09:30.

That’s legal and assuming you’re having an 11 hour rest after finishing at 09:30 you’ve had one reduced daily rest period.

It’s legal but not advisable, shifts like that will soon [zb] you up.

Yeah wouldnt be back in till midnight then following shift. Its only a one off to suit the cpc hours in, I just wernt sure if was legal or not to suit hours. Cheers appreciate all replies.

Did you finish at 0845 sat and then the next thing done is the cpc course at 0500 on wednesday :question:

ValleysTrucker:

ROG:

Long weekend off since 8.45am Saturday morning.

That’s a shame, assuming your CPC course was on Monday it looks like you was just 1 hour short of a regular weekly rest period.

Sent from my mobile.

ROG:
Did you finish at 0845 sat and then the next thing done is the cpc course at 0500 on wednesday :question:

Yes thats correct??

bald bloke:

albion:

It’s not a bad idea if you normally start around that time as it keeps your body clock the same but it’s a crap idea to then expect someone to start work again at 23.00 the same day .

Retail. Courses and training often had to be done when people were contracted to work if they were unable to come in at other times.

Also as bald bloke says if its “your” time no problem, though I will agree I wouldn’t like to be driving that night

ValleysTrucker:

ROG:

Yes thats correct??

That is just over 92 hours off so is a regular weekly rest for the week ending AND the week starting :smiley:

Yeah, I was just unsure bout the rest inbetween the two shifts and the 24hour period rule.

ValleysTrucker:
Yeah, I was just unsure bout the rest inbetween the two shifts and the 24hour period rule.

You can start a new 24 hour period upon completion of a 9 hour reduced rest. If you start the course at 4am you could squeeze a regular rest in a save yourself a 15 hour shift.

Ask your boss, the other drivers won’t mind :grimacing:

No doubt on your CPC course you will be told about the dangers of not having enough sleep lol

john_london:
No doubt on your CPC course you will be told about the dangers of not having enough sleep lol

[emoji3]

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk