Working before or after a CPC course

I’ve got a CPC on Monday but before that I’ve been asked to drive the truck. Is that allowed? Equally can I go to work straight after a CPC course and do upto a 15 hour day?

Absolutley not.CPC is classed as work.You have to do manual entries on your digi card when you next drive to account for the time you were on your CPC.
Its not worth the risk

Of course you can, 9hrs of cpc with the appropriate breaks for wtd purposes then you can go driving/working for 6hrs up to the 15hrs if you have one available.

Or go driving /working for 5 hrs, take a 15 min break. Do your 9Hrs of cpc with appropriate WTD breaks, again if you have a 15 available.

I work mon-fri.

Iv’e just done a cpc online on saturday.
Company pay for cpc, but I don’t get paid for doing it.

Cpc instructor said at the start that because we are not getting paid, we do not need to record it as other work.

gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou … vers-hours

It says here that voluntary work doesnt count as rest but I would play it safe anyway.If you had a major accident,it might be looked at,if you had the weekly rest or not.Its on their computer,what time and where you did cpc

Aye, I’d hardly call CPC voluntary!

Sent from my Note 13P using Tapatalk

The OP asks a simple question, if he can do a 15 hour shift that includes around 7 hours on a CPC course, and the simple and legal answer is yes he can, providing he has a 15 left.

Sploom:
Absolutley not.CPC is classed as work.

That’s absolute ■■■■■■■■ as an answer.
CPC could qualify as either Other Work or Rest depending on your situation.
If you are doing it off your own bat to improve your chances of finding legal work (like going to university) then it is rest.
If your employer insists you attend the CPC, perhaps pays you for it, then it is Other Work.

shullbit:
The OP asks a simple question, if he can do a 15 hour shift that includes around 7 hours on a CPC course, and the simple and legal answer is yes he can, providing he has a 15 left.

He could legally spend 22 hrs straight doing 7 of CPC and 15 of work. Possibly.

$$$:
I’ve got a CPC on Monday but before that I’ve been asked to drive the truck. Is that allowed? Equally can I go to work straight after a CPC course and do upto a 15 hour day?

Who is paying for the CPC course ?
If its your employer then youll have about 6 hours depending on wether you have a 15 hour or 4 hours if you have a 13 available .
If your paying for it then you can crack on with a 13 or a 15 hour shift if you want .
The devil is (as always ) in the detail.

Not being funny mate, and putting aside whether or not it is legal…
But who tf in their right mind, would want to, (or be daft enough to) do a 7 hour CPC,.(or 8 hours including a break) , then go on to do 15 hours work. :neutral_face:
If they are asking or telling you to,.tell them to go and ■■■■ themselves. :unamused:
I’ve just completed a course today,.and if the situation arose on a working day, there is no way in hell.I’d be getting in my truck to start anymore than 3 hours work irrespective of whoever paid for it.

robroy:
But who tf in their right mind, would want to, (or be daft enough to) do a 7 hour CPC,.(or 8 hours including a break) , then go on to do 15 hours work. :neutral_face:
If they are asking or telling you to,.tell them to go and [zb] themselves. :unamused:
I’ve just completed a course today,.and if the situation arose on a working day, there is no way in hell.I’d be getting in my truck to start anymore than 3 hours work irrespective of whoever paid for it.

If thats directed at me rob then I’m only stating the “legalities” of the situation . The Health and saftey issue is another area completely and for what its worth you’d be mad to step into a truck after 7-8 hours of sitting in a room trying to stay awake while being lectured by (usually) someone who hasn’t a clue about what they are talking about . I also would tell them to go forth and multiply.

beefy4605:

robroy:
If they are asking or telling you to,.tell them to go and [zb] themselves. :unamused:

If thats directed at me rob then I’m only stating the “legalities” of the situation . The Health and saftey issue is another area completely and for what its worth you’d be mad to step into a truck after 7-8 hours of sitting in a room trying to stay awake while being lectured by (usually) someone who hasn’t a clue about what they are talking about . I also would tell them to go forth and multiply.

Nah not having a go at you at all mate, just referring in my post to the comment you made about depending on who pays for it,.that was all.
I get it that you were just giving the o/p info and facts.

You dont really have to stay awake on a DCPC module. I have sat through a couple of modules and a few candidates were catching up on their beauty sleep. I dont think that they missed much . It says it all that you can wake up and find yourself in receipt of a professional qualification.

No reply from o/p
Please tell me he isn’t intending to finish his course today, and then crack on with a 15 hour shift. :unamused:

$$$:
I’ve got a CPC on Monday but before that I’ve been asked to drive the truck. Is that allowed?

It is allowed.

$$$:
Equally can I go to work straight after a CPC course and do upto a 15 hour day?

No comment.

robroy:
No reply from o/p
Please tell me he isn’t intending to finish his course today, and then crack on with a 15 hour shift. :unamused:

Funny you say that… :unamused:

Even a Mr 12-15 hours like moi - struggles with getting up at 4am to attend a 7-4pm classroom session, by which point I’m practically comatose, and could not face doing another 8 hour shift on top…

Your CPC course is 7 hours (Say 8 with breaks). That leaves 7 hours of available “work time” for you to legally work should you wish. Question is, why in the hell you would want to?

tmcassett:
Question is, why in the hell you would want to?

You’ll get your answer around 5 this afternoon …(after he’s had his 9 hours off after yesterday. :laughing: )

Depends on how many hours you are driving before or after. My old mob used to hire a minibus to take us to the training centre. Anyone with a bus entitlement would drive it and back. We used to get paid 10 hours for the cpc course