Wrong slot.

Got in this morning, and put it in the wrong slot, my question is, will I die in a ball of flames, be banished to middle earth,and my children will be used for human sacrifice… Or is it like when you have the wife on all fours, going from behind and it goes in the tradesman’s slot, just a mediocum of surprise, and a Cherie whoops, accident happens, and just pop it out back in the correct slot, and carry on as if nothing has happened. :smiley:

biggriffin:
Got in this morning, and put it in the wrong slot, my question is, will I die in a ball of flames, be banished to middle earth,and my children will be used for human sacrifice… Or is it like when you have the wife on all fours, going from behind and it goes in the tradesman’s slot, just a mediocum of surprise, and a Cherie whoops, accident happens, and just pop it out back in the correct slot, and carry on as if nothing has happened. :smiley:

Do you hear a “Whummp Whummp Whummp” sound?
Do you hear “The Ride Of The Valkyries”?
You`re the one on the ground matey…

Unfortunately one does not simply ‘whoops it into the wrong un’. That extra slot can be very useful when double manning but for single manned adventures a manual entry to correct your error is needed.

Think you can do a vehicle printout and write on that.

I’ve also found going for slot 1 first before slot 2 is used is acceptable but slot 2 to slot 1 is naughty unless the other fella has removed his from slot 1.
Never try double manning the same slot.

It’s also a very slippery slope as once you’ve used slot 2 it’s easy to get in the habit of using it all the time.

60 lashes and some lite tuition on how to use a Tacho correctly should suffice.

For any without the same cultural frames of reference:
youtube.com/watch?v=TqtehtSB0LI

Last year…

I did the same. I got about 40 minutes into the shift including a short drive before I realised what I’d done.

I stopped, put it in the correct slot, did a printout scribbled down what had happened and carried on.

Out lot are ■■■■ hot on hours and we have a pious little twonk that just loves to point out our errors. He has never mentioned it, nothing has had to be signed or explained and nothing further happened.

Dipper_Dave:
Unfortunately one does not simply ‘whoops it into the wrong un’. That extra slot can be very useful when double manning but for single manned adventures a manual entry to correct your error is needed.

Think you can do a vehicle printout and write on that.

I’ve also found going for slot 1 first before slot 2 is used is acceptable but slot 2 to slot 1 is naughty unless the other fella has removed his from slot 1.
Never try double manning the same slot.

It’s also a very slippery slope as once you’ve used slot 2 it’s easy to get in the habit of using it all the time.

60 lashes and some lite tuition on how to use a Tacho correctly should suffice.

I’ve often thought about double Manning, but I’m the shellfish type, and like my own space, and keeping the rugs clean, unless it’s my mess, …

So the rule is, slot 1 to 2, but not 2-1 unless it’s double manned. What about a manual entry, on your own. :open_mouth:

biggriffin:
What about a manual entry, on your own. :open_mouth:

If you keep whoopsing it into the wrong slot youl find your doing lots of them.

A successful manual entry in slot 1 was achieved by me last night, with the pre-requisite 15 mins checks for fettling and preparation. Though after checking the fluid levels beforehand and topping up as required it was necessary to terminate the shift shortly after starting due to eating some dodgy food, so I left my drivers mate to finish the shift by themselves

According to VOSA, there is an immediate arrest warrant issued and a maximum jail term of 6 months. :smiley: Take it out, put it in the right slot, and carryon as if nothing has happened…i suggest you make a written report on a print out.

truckyboy:
According to VOSA, there is an immediate arrest warrant issued and a maximum jail term of 6 months. :smiley: Take it out, put it in the right slot, and carryon as if nothing has happened…i suggest you make a written report on a print out.

Is time dated photographic evidence of using slot 2 acceptable, or is video better, but this could lead to manual entries. :laughing:

Get a room ffs :smiley: :unamused: :smiley:

Aurri:
Get a room ffs :smiley: :unamused: :smiley:

Why would I need a room, I’ve a perfectly good cab, which is where the discrepancy arouse,this morning. :open_mouth: