Help with the slot 2 digi please fellas!

Afternoon you fine looking geezers!

I’m taking a new lad out for a few days to show him some regular runs and have been told he’s driving. With regards to using slot two. Obviously his goes in slot one as usual, but with me being passenger and slot 2 do I just put it in a leave it on other work while he is driving and put them both on break at the same time?

Cheers!

While your card is in Slot 2 it will either show POA while he is driving. When you start to do other work. His will normally default to other work and if you are doing so yours needs to be changed to the same. If you both having a break stationary then both can be selected to break. But with double man you can count the first 45min of POA as a break while the vehicle is in motion. Help that helps any

No need to put your card in if you’re not driving as it shows poa when in fact you’ll be showing him the route and chatting about the job, do manual entries after .

bald bloke:
No need to put your card in if you’re not driving as it shows poa when in fact you’ll be showing him the route and chatting about the job, do manual entries after .

But why have the hassle of doing manual entries , it’s no different than being double maned as 2 NDS driver could be doing paperwork when tacho shows POA . It’s a flaw that was not considered when the software was made

nick2008:

bald bloke:

But why have the hassle of doing manual entries , it’s no different than being double maned as 2 NDS driver could be doing paperwork when tacho shows POA . It’s a flaw that was not considered when the software was made

In my old job whenever I was in the left hand seat I never put my card in and it was never a problem and you know how finicky they are Nick with their regs.

If you can’t talk Catherine into you using slot 2, I’m not sure what you expect us to do! :open_mouth:

Michael Douglas:

I’m taking a new lad out for a few days to show him some regular runs and have been told he’s driving. With regards to using slot two. Obviously his goes in slot one as usual, but with me being passenger and slot 2 do I just put it in a leave it on other work while he is driving and put them both on break at the same time?

Cheers!

Christ, it’s not Trucker Jay is it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Socketset:

Michael Douglas:

Cheers!

Christ, it’s not Trucker Jay is it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

tumble weed rolls past silence in the room :open_mouth:

TruckerJoe:
While your card is in Slot 2 it will either show POA while he is driving. When you start to do other work. His will normally default to other work and if you are doing so yours needs to be changed to the same. If you both having a break stationary then both can be selected to break. But with double man you can count the first 45min of POA as a break while the vehicle is in motion. Help that helps any

Yeah cheers mate. That’s what I did in the end!

Evil8Beezle:
If you can’t talk Catherine into you using slot 2, I’m not sure what you expect us to do! :open_mouth:

OI beez! Don’t speak about my welsh Americana like that!

bald bloke:

Not strictly true,I went double manned to Faro Portugal and was stopped in Spain.
Traffic Police where not interested in my card in No1 slot but my partners in No 2 slot they eventually put their card in and did a print out of all activity for comparison,even though we only did 12 hours a day in total

bald bloke:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

In my old job whenever I was in the left hand seat I never put my card in and it was never a problem and you know how finicky they are Nick with their regs.

Oh yes I do know :unamused: . But I’m enjoying it. :wink:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

Oh yes I do know :unamused: . But I’m enjoying it. :wink:

Use the rules to your advantage :wink: