Another one strikes the bridge

Yorkielad:
A few month ago the A1 was shut on a night northbound between A639 and ferrybridge.
The diversion was down the 639 into Pontefract if you were under 14,6,over that it was down to south elmsall and into Ackworth way.
Anyway a couple of us were running back and went down the 639,just before the bridge the rozzers were there,they stopped me as I was at front and asked trailer height which I replied 14,2 he said you won’t mind if I measure it then,he seemed in a foul mood so I replied not a problem,he came back and said yeah your good,I remember seeing a well known n/east hauliers truck parked up about half mile before bridge,copper said he had to measure because he’d stopped someone 20 mins ago who was going to go under at 15,0
I chuckled and thought it must be him parked further up the road,copper had turned him round :blush:

M62 closure the other night, I come off the motorway and at a junction there was a big sign saying “vehicles over 15’ ----->, vehicles under 15’<-------” . I felt a bit sad for the lone double decker taking the long way round, but at least there wasn’t any confusion.