Another Bridge Oops

Local Rag Article Link

This one is just round the corner from my house, it’s been rattled a few times over the years, though not for a while. The advance signage is fine if approaching it from straight ahead in either direction, but turning left to it, the signage is shocking. The actual bridge itself is unmarked on both sides, but i suspect that is because it’s at an angle over the road… so that’d fall into the ‘too difficult’ category for our local council.

Unfortunately for this driver he’s went through circular prohibition signs, rather than just the normal triangular warning signs, hence the DWDCA charge i guess.

See if you can spot the advance warning sign in this GSV ? No? Try going forward a step…

■■■■ poor IMO.

Estimate trailer 14’ 6" ? What is bridge actually signed at ?
Jim

JFC999:
Estimate trailer 14’ 6" ? What is bridge actually signed at ?
Jim

14ft…
The sign is obvious despite its position for anyone turning left at the junction, anyone doing enough observations as they make the turn would have seen it, and more obvious are the chevrons on the bridge that are generally stuck there for a reason (ie low bridge)
seeing the chevrons would make me want to do a double take and look again for any nearby bridge height signs

One sign before you turn left. Two on the road before the bridge then chevrons on the bridge. Looks sufficient warning to me. ■■■■ poor driving imo. Hope no one was injured.

Yeah I agree, once you’ve turned left, even if you miss the 2 signs right at the lights (which i reckon could be easily done), they are repeated just before the bridge. But, I still think the advance warnings before turning left should be more prominent & clearer.

I don’t understand why the bridge is unmarked though, it’s just laziness by the council IMO.

The sign on the left just before the lights is obscured by trees, no height markers on the bridge itself. Despite all the other warnings, I can see the driver getting off on a technicality.

The height sign on the left just before the bridge next to the billboard clearly shows the height. So even on his approach (prior to impact) he should have noted it’s height.

Peirre
(TNUK CSI trainee)

Signage on the bridge itself isn’t really relevant here. The offence was committed before he hit the bridge - When he passed the circular prohibition signs.

There is no getting out of hitting a bridge lets face it :frowning:

ash 001:
There is no getting out of hitting a bridge lets face it :frowning:

There is when the signage is wrong as the recent case from North Wales proved when a foreign lorry at 4m hit a bridge signed at 4.1m

Or further to the above Blackwall tunnel which is signed at 4m yet when I went to go through in a 4m fridge was diverted out police came no action taken as the trailer was 4m yet somehow set the sensors off

Roymondo:
Signage on the bridge itself isn’t really relevant here. The offence was committed before he hit the bridge - When he passed the circular prohibition signs.

that’s a bit harsh as the sign is blocked by the bush (as seen in google maps)^^^

MrGodSquad:

Roymondo:

that’s a bit harsh as the sign is blocked by the bush (as seen in google maps)^^^

Eh?

google.co.uk/maps/@55.93759 … 312!8i6656

It’s not like you can’t see the bridge though is it :unamused:

Just looked at the Google streetview link above…the ‘driver’ is a forkin idiot.

Obviously if the signage is clear and present, and the bridge is hit the drivers at fault, but if its marked up wrong its a different question obviously.

bridge got in my way today

Shoshaye:
0 bridge got in my way today

Lol just let the tyres down and crawl under? :stuck_out_tongue: