Hit and Run.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Interesting, but I’m dubious.

hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hu … or-1206539

Dubious of what? Hull Daily Mail? The 2 students or what?

I would say if you hit the car and caused that amount of damage you would stop.The front of said truck would have heavy damage also.

Colin_scottish:
I would say if you hit the car and caused that amount of damage you would stop.The front of said truck would have heavy damage also.

Yep Colin, a decent fella would stop but unfortunately we are not all decent. I sure hope the police will find the offending vehicle and driver.
Could have been a lot worse though.

What I find hard to believe is that at 1750 hrs, on the main route out of Hull and a fairly busy route at that, that there wasn’t any witnesses following the alleged “horror truck” or that nobody else stopped.
Surely at that time of day someone must have been around on either side of the the carriageway and saw something.

Surely police forensics would be able to identify, colour of other vehicle, type of paint, all manner of forensic type stuff (I’m having a senior moment).

Probably right Scuffer, some may have seen it but how many these days would bother to stop especially if they were on the opposite carriageway.
I am sure the police will be checking everything you say.

Dr Damon:
Probably right Scuffer, some may have seen it but how many these days would bother to stop especially if they were on the opposite carriageway.
I am sure the police will be checking everything you say.

Not too sure fella.

Word is that they are concentrating on lay-by’s…

Dr Damon:

I’m dubious of the two students, from the picture of the car, who ever hit them, if someone did hit them, did some serious damage to their own vehicle, and that vehicle is most likely in a bad way, if it’s still drivable. I’m not going to deny that possibly a trailer has hit them, an empty trailer could have bounced up and over the wreckage, causing that much damage.

As has also been said, no one saw anything during rush hour on a major road, out of Hull?

Like I have said, something about this doesn’t sit right with me.

danalex84:

Dr Damon:

I’m dubious of the two students, from the picture of the car, who ever hit them, if someone did hit them, did some serious damage to their own vehicle, and that vehicle is most likely in a bad way, if it’s still drivable. I’m not going to deny that possibly a trailer has hit them, an empty trailer could have bounced up and over the wreckage, causing that much damage.

As has also been said, no one saw anything during rush hour on a major road, out of Hull?

Like I have said, something about this doesn’t sit right with me.

Possibly fella,the students don’t seem dubious to me but… Hopefully the truth will out and justice will be done.

It does look from the damage something has glanced the rear o/s corner and flattened the car.

It doesn’t look like it’s self inflicted in a crash to me.

And it doesn’t take a brain of Britain to work out the likely culprit is not indigenous to our green land, no one has said it yet but I’m sure plenty will be thinking it.

A typical example is the Iveco that was posted a whole back pulling a euro DHL trailer with the corner smashed, mirror missing and smashed windscreen taped and held together with some wood. The driver carried on and got pulled for it.

As an example if it was the trailer that hit it especially for example a low loaded or such like massive damage to car but next to nowt yo trailer. But you would know you had hit a car simple as with that amount of damage.

My first thought on this was maybe a caravan lorry. They have huge overhangs on the side, he could quite easily clip the car and spin it under his trailer.

Either that or dopey students binned it himself and trying it on.

simcor:
And it doesn’t take a brain of Britain to work out the likely culprit is not indigenous to our green land, no one has said it yet but I’m sure plenty will be thinking it.

Why do you come to that conclusion :confused: Could have been anyone, possibly even someone indigenous to your green land. Nah…just blame an EE driver…

AndrewG:

simcor:

Why do you come to that conclusion :confused: Could have been anyone, possibly even someone indigenous to your green land. Nah…just blame an EE driver…

Just a stereotypical comment, but probably not far off the truth.

The majority of them drive over here and flout our laws and think that “no understand” solves everything. In my opinion of course.

Call me racist if you like but I say it how I see it. I imagine the decent EE drivers are as much ashamed by their neanderthal counterparts.

Captain Caveman 76:
Either that or dopey students binned it himself and trying it on.

Its foxes around my town. Amazing how many of them jump out into the road in front of cars of young drivers.

simcor:

AndrewG:

simcor:

The majority of them drive over here and flout our laws and think that “no understand” solves everything. In my opinion of course.

Call me racist if you like but I say it how I see it. I imagine the decent EE drivers are as much ashamed by their neanderthal counterparts.

I would not call you racist, but you sound racist. :laughing:

Dr Damon:

simcor:

AndrewG:

simcor:

I would not call you racist, but you sound racist. :laughing:

I wouldn’t say your looking for an argument, but you sound like you want one!!

The only thing I can think of that makes a bit of sense to me is that the journalist has the time wrong in the article and they were actually travelling at a much quieter time, hence no witnesses.

Old Scuffer.

Come on Old Scuffer you’ve been watching Monty Python, :laughing: :laughing:

vimeo.com/25921512

C J.