Seeing truck road rage more often

always makes me look , where the truck cab is wobbling, cos hes braking so hard the cab tilts . can sense the rage . usually seen in crawling traffic but can be sometimes at 56mph. its like the equivalent of 2 blokes/ or 2 stags, going head to head in a row , the nodding of cab = rage sign
not too long ago i had a run in with a truck when i was on my way home from work in my car. i cant remember how it started but i suddenly noticed this artic was right up my rear bumper in my rear mirror -he had the rage allrite. so what dyou do? i braked to make him back off- no way mate , that made him angrier. so at last minute i turn left up a sliproad to shake him off . uh oh he follows me up and corners me on the slip . my wheels are half on the gravel and we come to a halt. what next … in a split second i decide to gun my engine and just miss him as hes coming round the front of his cab to get me . if id been 2 seconds later id av killed him

happy days!

What sound track to this scene?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

corij:
always makes me look , where the truck cab is wobbling, cos hes braking so hard the cab tilts . can sense the rage . usually seen in crawling traffic but can be sometimes at 56mph. its like the equivalent of 2 blokes/ or 2 stags, going head to head in a row , the nodding of cab = rage sign
not too long ago i had a run in with a truck when i was on my way home from work in my car. i cant remember how it started but i suddenly noticed this artic was right up my rear bumper in my rear mirror -he had the rage allrite. so what dyou do? i braked to make him back off- no way mate , that made him angrier. so at last minute i turn left up a sliproad to shake him off . uh oh he follows me up and corners me on the slip . my wheels are half on the gravel and we come to a halt. what next … in a split second i decide to gun my engine and just miss him as hes coming round the front of his cab to get me . if id been 2 seconds later id av killed him

happy days!

This didn’t happen, did it?

A.

Franglais:

Benny Hill theme tune.

Dreamer by Supertramp or Road Rage by Catatonia…

Adonis.:

corij:

happy days!

A.

straight up it did. iv asked friends since, if id been 2 secs later and ploughed straight over him, would it have been murder? or justifiable killing?

as i sat there [just as we came to a halt] my 1 st thought was lock the car doors cos hes coming around maybe he has a knife? then my second thought was lets get away pronto. as my car shot past his cab on the nearside i caught a fleeting glimpse of him rounding front of his cab ,wearing black 3/4 shorts prob in his 30s balding , so id been right, he Was coming round to get me

but id got away, phew

Franglais:

Duelling banjo’s?

corij:
straight up it did. iv asked friends since, if id been 2 secs later and ploughed straight over him, would it have been murder? or justifiable killing?

as i sat there [just as we came to a halt] my 1 st thought was lock the car doors cos hes coming around maybe he has a knife? then my second thought was lets get away pronto. as my car shot past his cab on the nearside i caught a fleeting glimpse of him rounding front of his cab ,wearing black 3/4 shorts prob in his 30s balding , so id been right, he Was coming round to get me

but id got away, phew

Straight up didn’t happen.

A.

There are the times that the case for eugenics appears perfectly logical :neutral_face:

corij:

Adonis.:

corij:

happy days!

A.

but id got away, phew

images-58.jpg

You brake tested him then ■■■■ a brick when he attempted to confront you about it :smiley:
Cool story sister.

If you think you’re not part of the road rage issue then you’re straight up delusional.

the nodding of cab = rage sign

I like that, great observation and very true, I spotted something like that a while back in a snarl up, cab was a rocking every time it stopped, when I went passed you could hear driver screamin and shouting, he wasn’t havin a very good time, 90 year old wifey in the car in front seemed blissfully unaware. quite funny really.

corij:
i braked to make him back off

I’d have gone right over the top of you. And it would be on camera so I’d be walking free and you’d be dead :slight_smile: .

Did it look like this… :laughing:

Tooz:
Did it look like this… [emoji38]

Spielberg’s full length debut.

corij:

happy days!

Lets give you the benefit of the doubt for just a little while. Yoiu had a run in with a truck but can’t remember how it started. Really, or do you not want to admit how it started?

Noticing that the artic was right on your bumper you braked. Does that open or close a gap? I’ve had the same but found driving steady at a safe speed, in my judgement, or the prevailing limit more effective. Your choice made him more angry. You’re surprised by that?

Turn on to a slip road at the last minute to shake him off, leave enough room for him to come alongside you and end up with your own wheels half on the gravel. Command the road and hold him behind you. Use the advantage that your vehicle has in cornering, lighter weight, smaller size to go into areas he can’t. If necessary go into a populated area, eg drive through coffee shop supermarket car park etc.

In fear of what this individual mght be about to do you gun the engine and take of narrowly missing him. I can understand fear but how the hell does aggressive/reckless conduct, yes your aggressive/reckless behaviour, help?

My final question for you is this. Do you think you have handled this sorry episode well?

I think you made a bad choice early on and compounded it by making even worse choices afterwards.

GOG47:

Franglais:

Duelling banjo’s?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

dreaming by blondie

poor blatent effort…nil points …must try harder.
your taking the bad look off of uk dr joe dozy tramp and the rest. put a bit more imagination into it before posting… :unamused:

Wiretwister:

corij:

happy days!

Lets give you the benefit of the doubt for just a little while. Yoiu had a run in with a truck but can’t remember how it started. Really, or do you not want to admit how it started?

Noticing that the artic was right on your bumper you braked. Does that open or close a gap? I’ve had the same but found driving steady at a safe speed, in my judgement, or the prevailing limit more effective. Your choice made him more angry. You’re surprised by that?

Turn on to a slip road at the last minute to shake him off, leave enough room for him to come alongside you and end up with your own wheels half on the gravel. Command the road and hold him behind you. Use the advantage that your vehicle has in cornering, lighter weight, smaller size to go into areas he can’t. If necessary go into a populated area, eg drive through coffee shop supermarket car park etc.

In fear of what this individual mght be about to do you gun the engine and take of narrowly missing him. I can understand fear but how the hell does aggressive/reckless conduct, yes your aggressive/reckless behaviour, help?

My final question for you is this. Do you think you have handled this sorry episode well?

I think you made a bad choice early on and compounded it by making even worse choices afterwards.

im not saying i handled it well, im jus saying it how it was. i cannot recall how it first started , maybe i pulled out ahead of him few miles before or something along those lines ,nothing much,nothing dangerous - IF i did anything . i had 2 passengers with me,lads i work with, one of them had no idea what was happening as was wearing headphones music . the other lad was ■■■■■■■ a brick . when we discussed it few minutes later non of us could agree what colour the truck was ! non of us saw the number plate either.
iv put it down to one of those near death experiences we all have occasionally in life. i think they make you very grateful for being alive and i relax more in the years following on after an event.