Inserting digi card into slot 2 by mistake

Just a quick question. A couple of times when I’ve been rushing, I’ve inserted the digi card into slot 2 by mistake, and started driving, thereby recording some ‘driving without card’ before I’ve noticed.

What is required of me? Is it just to do a printout and write on the back, and then keep it for 28 days? Or is it more?

Thanks.

citycat:
Just a quick question. A couple of times when I’ve been rushing, I’ve inserted the digi card into slot 2 by mistake, and started driving, thereby recording some ‘driving without card’ before I’ve noticed.

What is required of me? Is it just to do a printout and write on the back, and then keep it for 28 days? Or is it more?

Thanks.

Take a printout of your card and one of the vehicle, should be in the same menu as where you normally print out.

I wouldn’t worry about it. Just keep them with you for a while to be safe.

A.

I’d learn to slow down otherwise a bigger more important mistake may occur!!

I’ve not done that . . Yet. Doesn’t the display start flashing up “no valid card inserted” or something?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:
I’ve not done that . . Yet. Doesn’t the display start flashing up “no valid card inserted” or something?

I’ve not seen it flashing. And with it being above me, I’ve not noticed the display straight away. I’m learning to slow down gradually.

Done that myself before. Running from Gloucester to Avonmouth docks once and looked up at the tacho as I was going down the hill on the m5 to press OK for an overspeed and noticed it said no card inserted lol.

Didn’t concern myself that much with it and just remembered to add 45mins to my drive time the rest of the day.

Sorry to hijack your topic, but in an idle moment last night I was googling to see what the job market in the Netherlands is like at the moment (gotta keep my options open…), and compering salaries against rents, the money doesn’t look so good these days. Am I right in understanding that the CAO wages for domestic drivers are only about €2300 a month? And do companies tend to pay more than that?

the nodding donkey:
Sorry to hijack your topic, but in an idle moment last night I was googling to see what the job market in the Netherlands is like at the moment (gotta keep my options open…), and compering salaries against rents, the money doesn’t look so good these days. Am I right in understanding that the CAO wages for domestic drivers are only about €2300 a month? And do companies tend to pay more than that?

I’m not too sure. I get just under 2000 euros for a three day 30 hour week, which is fine for us as my wife is the main breadwinner. And the company has a CAO handbook near to hand in the office which they consult regularly. I’ll try asking one of the full time drivers discreetly, and get back to you.

citycat:

the nodding donkey:

I’m not too sure. I get just under 2000 euros for a three day 30 hour week, which is fine for us as my wife is the main breadwinner. And the company has a CAO handbook near to hand in the office which they consult regularly. I’ll try asking one of the full time drivers discreetly, and get back to you.

Dank je wel

citycat:

the nodding donkey:

70 euros per hour?
I wouldn’t get out of bed for that…
(The 2k is per month of course?)

You can’t beat slot 2.

Ask Dipper :wink:

eagerbeaver:
You can’t beat slot 2.

Ask Dipper :wink:

When I was doing European coach tours in summer 2016, we offered an Amsterdam ■■■ show as an optional. There was a lady of oriental origins who was quite adept at firing three ping pong balls from her slot 2, at a velocity to rival an RPG. We nicknamed her Harold. As in 1066 Harold and his famous last words. “Carefull ! You’ll have someone’s eye out with thaaaaa…”

Done that myself before… then pulled over and called the office to report a fault with the tacho.

“It keeps saying i’m driving without card” and “it wont even let me eject my card either”. Followed by “i wonder what happens if i hit eject on slot 2… bzzzzzt” Oh, ■■■■. :blush: :blush: :laughing:

the nodding donkey:

citycat:

the nodding donkey:

Dank je wel

I asked one of the drivers last night, though you have to tread carefully with the Dutchies as they think it rude to talk about money. Anyway, he reckons he takes home about 2,400 euros (£2,098.47) at today’s rate) per month for a five day 50 hour week.

Most drivers will live in council homes if they don’t own their own house, and I don’t think the rents are that high for council compared to private. Hope this gives you a better idea.

citycat:

the nodding donkey:

citycat:

the nodding donkey:

Dank je wel

I asked one of the drivers last night, though you have to tread carefully with the Dutchies as they think it rude to talk about money. Anyway, he reckons he takes home about 2,400 euros (£2,098.47) at today’s rate) per month for a five day 50 hour week.

Most drivers will live in council homes if they don’t own their own house, and I don’t think the rents are that high for council compared to private. Hope this gives you a better idea.

Thank you. That means that wages are somewhat comparable to here.