MAN TGX Night Heater Question?

Can’t remember if I asked here before, or on ■■■■ Belch, but the night heater on our (shared) truck keeps randomly switching off through the night…

We don’t use the programme / timer, so know it’s not that.

Have had MAN to look at it, even at every 6 weekly, they can’t / haven’t found anything still…

Anyone know of any other possible causes…?

Some say filter / air intake, but where the hell is that…?

Maybe thermostat (again where’s that), as it seems to get up to temp, then switch completely off, instead of just regulating the cab temp…?

The truck is leased, so I don’t want to start pulling things apart BTW…

Dodgy batteries , it shuts off when batteries get to low

The truck is only 3 years old, surely the batteries should still be fine…?

And yet sometimes, the heater will decide to stay on all night…?

Nope, one of my batteries died in year 3, luckily it just managed to start and i kept it running that day till i could call in at the dealer on the way back, they swapped the pair.

What temps it set at? To keep it on all night it would need to be set to max, mines at 22c and that just keeps it right

All batteries should be changed at the second mot or at least at the start of the third winter. What’s the point of chancing the cost of a fallout for the price of a couple of batteries.

chaversdad:
What temps it set at? To keep it on all night it would need to be set to max, mines at 22c and that just keeps it right

Set at max. But even at that setting, it’s barely blowing with any ‘force’ (bit of a second question coming) - you could probably ■■■■ with more force that the blower.

In an identical truck I nighted out in ages ago, when it was set at 21, it was still way too hot!

So, to the second part of the question…

Does the night heater blower have a kind of high and low fan speed setting? Controlled by maybe a relay?