MAN night heater

My night heater on 06 TGA has become very temperamental and just wondered if anyone knew of any common faults?

It will start up and blows hot air out for about 5 minutes then it cuts itself off and won’t strike up again. I’ve cleared the vents out so thats not the problem. Also, when the heater does strike up it only puts heat through passenger side and nothing through drivers.

Cheers
Matt

turn it all the way up and let it works like that for an hour or so. chances are, it’ll blow the cobwebs (the tar accumulated from running too long in ambient temperature) out and work fine from then on. repeat as a precaution every few weeks.

Take it to your local repair man (or woman) and don’t be so bl**dy tight. We’ve all got to eat, you know!

Did you keep it running all year or not,to keep the moving parts going.?
Then expect it to work when you need it.
It needs a service.Glow plugs maybe?

Don’t you just love it when you try to give people the advice that they’ve asked for, then you don’t even get an acknowledgement, let alone a thank you? :confused:

toby1234abc:
Did you keep it running all year or not,to keep the moving parts going.?
Then expect it to work when you need it.
It needs a service.Glow plugs maybe?

Retired Old ■■■■:
Don’t you just love it when you try to give people the advice that they’ve asked for, then you don’t even get an acknowledgement, let alone a thank you? :confused:

Sorry Oldfart! I meant to thank you all but only really get on for a quick glance here and there! Problem sorted anyway, pump was nackered so one on order from Lawman Commercials off a 12 plate breaker.

Thankyou for the advice! !