night heaters

anyone ever passed out due to “to much heat” from night heater ? (it was only on for half an hr) this happened to me recently,but was it to much heat or was it maybe a faulty night heater ?

Can’t imagine it would be too much heat making you pass out, if this was the case then huge areas of the Earths surface would be littered with unconcious bodies. :laughing:

More likely a faulty night heater. As has been suggested before check the air inlet is clear and free from socks. ■■■■■ etc. Check the outlet has no gloves blocking it. I’d also try running it and visibly checking the exhaust does what it’s supposed to do, ie, it aint broken or blocked.

Failing that, lay off the Stella old bean! :smiley:

I have always cracked the sunroof or lowered a window, to be fair it has to be bloody cold for me to leave it on overnight. I go to bed warm, then flick it on for 15 minutes while getting up.

It dries out the air too much with all the windows and roof shut, probably to do with almost 40 years tar in cigarettes

mine tarts up ok bit loud but it warms up then goes off and dosent come on again unless you start it up again imm guessing the the thermostates knacked

My night heater packed up sunday night in Scotland. For 2 nights i went to bed inside a sleeping bag which was underneath a duvet, while wearing a thermal t-shirt, socks and a russian hat.

Got back tuesday and our bloke changed the thermostat. Now the bloody thing won’t shut off! Even with the dial down to minimum. So now i leave it on and cook, and knock it off just before i go to sleep. And then wake up at 4 freezing my ■■■■ off.
Mentioned it to our bloke earlier and he got on the phone to the Volvo dealer muttering something about 'kin drivers, never bloody happy :smiley: :smiley:

bjd:
mine tarts up ok bit loud but it warms up then goes off and dosent come on again unless you start it up again imm guessing the the thermostates knacked

had one like that before, changed the glow plug and even the control box, ended up that it was an inch square piece of paper over the air intake :blush:

db600:
anyone ever passed out due to “to much heat” from night heater ? (it was only on for half an hr) this happened to me recently,but was it to much heat or was it maybe a faulty night heater ?

:grimacing: :grimacing: Or was it just the 15 whiskeys :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

scottie0011:

bjd:

had one like that before, changed the glow plug and even the control box, ended up that it was an inch square piece of paper over the air intake :blush:

That is normally the fault, fluff or socks in the filter, the filter cover just pulls off the Eberspacher with a twist, it is normally full of ■■■■■ or dead skin. :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:

scottie0011:

bjd:

That is normally the fault, fluff or socks in the filter, the filter cover just pulls off the Eberspacher with a twist, it is normally full of ■■■■■ or dead skin. :open_mouth:

Wheres the filter then is it under the seat ?

bjd:

Wheel Nut:

scottie0011:

bjd:

Wheres the filter then is it under the seat ?

opposite end from where the heat comes out on the night heater unit there will be a largish hole with a grill over the end, twist the grill till it comes off then clean out the intake ( make sure its switched off first though lol) and make sure the grill is clear.

Wheel Nut:
I have always cracked the sunroof or lowered a window, to be fair it has to be bloody cold for me to leave it on overnight. I go to bed warm, then flick it on for 15 minutes while getting up.

It dries out the air too much with all the windows and roof shut, probably to do with almost 40 years tar in cigarettes

Ditto Malc.

db600:
maybe a faulty night heater ?

Get it checked just in case heat exchanger has developed a fault, allowing products of combustion into cab.

bjd:
mine tarts up ok

he said tarts up … hahahahahahahahha…

sorry cant help it … :smiley:

I used to have problems after a few shandys and waking up hours later, heater on full, unable to open my eyes or breathe! :grimacing:

you should all prick yourselves with a fork then you dont burst … ( dont forget it needs to be a hiviz fork just incase ) it works on my sausages … :smiley:

bowser:
you should all prick yourselves with a fork then you dont burst … ( dont forget it needs to be a hiviz fork just incase ) it works on my sausages … :smiley:

I aint pricking my sausage with a fork, hi-viz or not :open_mouth:

bubsy06:

bowser:

I had to prick a water blister on my leg the size of a cricket ball :cry: after falling asleep with my leg out of bed over the night heater outlet. I think man flu had knocked me out :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Trev_H:

bubsy06:

bowser:

I had to prick a water blister on my leg the size of a cricket ball :cry: after falling asleep with my leg out of bed over the night heater outlet. I think man flu had knocked me out :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ouch, they get seriously hot tho :open_mouth: which is quite a good thing as I can heat up my chicken and mushroom pies by leaving them near the vents on the engine hump in a daf xf :grimacing: