Merc axor night heater!

hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone has any information on a night heater for said truck, have been given a brand new axor, never had a heater in previous truck and i have no manual for it, so if anyone knows how to set them up that would be great, have dones search’s but to no avail… :blush:

Kind regards

kyle

it is positioned at your left knee under steering wheel - with the heat coming from the rear of the drivers seat - the actual unit is under the bed .

to set time hold in clock button till it flashes use the arrow buttons to scroll to the correct time - press clock button again to set, to set timers press clock button once for 1st timer use arrow buttons to scroll to desired time press clock button to set and a 1 should appear next to the current time - there is 3 timers available if needed. to switch it on its a button with red waves on it next to the clock button, it runs for 120 minutes the switches itself off, there is also a switch on the bed that turns it on. i hope it helps as it is from memory :blush:

ah brilliant thanks m8, will have a look at that in morning :stuck_out_tongue: one thing i hate is getting in to a cold cab :slight_smile:

We have 05 plated Daycab Axor’s at work, only 3 drivers total, and 3 trucks.
The Controls in ours are above your head by the tacho & radio. and sound the same as previously described.
There is a dial on ours that controls the speed of the blower fan.

BigJon:
There is a dial on ours that controls the speed of the blower fan.

The dial controls the temperature by varying the fan speed!

I no longer do nights out but in my mega space actros the night heater must be the same, it also only runs for a maximum of 2 hours which I find strange - or so it looks like. I have been told that it can be altered to run for longer via instructions in the manual but as I don’t require it I haven’t messed about with it. I had tried to get the 2 hour limit changed without the manual but to no avail, seems like you will defo need to read the manual !!!

Maybe Mercedes think as i do. Why would you ever it want it to run for more than 2 hours continously?

2 weeks ago it was -5 when i slept in the cab. I still don’t see the need.

Alan DJ:
I no longer do nights out but in my mega space actros the night heater must be the same, it also only runs for a maximum of 2 hours which I find strange - or so it looks like. I have been told that it can be altered to run for longer via instructions in the manual but as I don’t require it I haven’t messed about with it. I had tried to get the 2 hour limit changed without the manual but to no avail, seems like you will defo need to read the manual !!!

Leave the ignition key on 1 click and the night heater will run all night, it defaults to a max of 2 hours once the ignition is switched all the way off, on my Atego to set the preset timer you need to hold down the P button and set the time required, it will then come on at the required time, the Red wavy line button should flash when the ignition is off, if this doesnt happen just press the P button again and it will work.

Why would you need it on more than two hours I hear you say? I like to wake up warm, I like to go to sleep warm and if I wake in the middle of the night I still like to be warm rather than freezing. Mine is on a lot during the day and on all night. In the Iveco if you turn the normal heater to the hot position the cab heater will also come on to give you an extra boost in heat whick comes in handy if you’ve been out fighting with Ratchet Straps and trailer curtains in the ■■■■■■■ rain etc and don’t like the noise of the normal heaters blowing full pelt