Agency work has Died

Well the work has died off has usual in Jan. Only had three days this week might look for a full time job tramping ,So I,ll have a look round this week. Is there anything any good out there decent motor and money.

royal mail are paying £9.00 hr days, £13.50 nights round my way!

paul

I do agency work too, and it has been scant lately, but with me moving out of the country in two months I’m hardly going to be able get something more permanent. :stuck_out_tongue: As soon as I’m set up in Scotland I’ll get something.

Good luck with the job hunt.

i havent had a problem with work still busy on the agency im with

Hi Flatbed,have you any more info on Post Job,regards Jamie.

jamie361, you have a pm

paul

I work for Royal Mail as an agency driver.

Manpower (Driving Power) have a national contract with Royal Mail.

You should give your local office a ring, you can find it at manpower.co.uk/office_locator/default.asp

£9ph day rate (06:00 - 18:00) £13.50 night rate (18:00 - 06:00), paid holidays, sick pay and paid bank holidays (after a qualifing period).

Hope this helps.

I just rememberer, tell them I recommended you (Russell Middleton - Grays office) and I’ll share the finders fee 50/50 with you.

I cannot be fairer than that…

Hi Russ,thanks for your help,50% sounds fair.
I know this sounds really dumb but how do you open a P.M. ? Ive never had one before.

jamie361:
Hi Russ,thanks for your help,50% sounds fair.
I know this sounds really dumb but how do you open a P.M. ? Ive never had one before.

Go to the top right of the page you are reading. Click on “you have 1 new message”

Then open the message by clicking on the title.

Vince

Thanks Vince,thats what I guessed but it just says “You have no new messages”,regards Jamie.

JobberDun:
I work for Royal Mail as an agency driver.

Manpower (Driving Power) have a national contract with Royal Mail.

You should give your local office a ring, you can find it at manpower.co.uk/office_locator/default.asp

£9ph day rate (06:00 - 18:00) £13.50 night rate (18:00 - 06:00), paid holidays, sick pay and paid bank holidays (after a qualifing period).

Hope this helps.

That looks pretty sweet. Do you think they’ll take on someone with only 6 months driving behind them? Might look into it when I move to Scotland in March. Hell, might even mail em now and see what they say!

I don’t see why they won’t take you on with 6 months experience.

We all have to start somewhere, so you can only ask.

In answer to your question regarding 6 months experience, 3 months ago now I applied to Manpower in the Yorkshire area for the Post Office contract. They got in contact with me via my landline to give me a telephone interview and as soon as I stated I only had 6 months experience said “we’ll ave to look into that”. They did and 2 days later phoned me back (very courteous of them) and said thanks but no thanks its a minimum of 2 years experience. Strange thing is I remember in one of the daily tabloids a year or so ago Manpower were running a competition to put someone through right to class C + E then employ them. Strange how on an advertising venture for temselves they can employ newbies, but on no other grounds.

I don’t have any connection with Manpower other than the fact that I work for them. I have worked for other agencies and would definitely put Manpower above most of the others.

All I can think is that the Royal Mail have put this stipulation on their contract with Manpower.

I first started with Manpower at their Doncaster office about 6 years ago. They took me on with no experience other than my TA driving, admittedly not on Royal Mail. I don’t know if they had the contract then. But I’m sure they can find you work with other clients.

Again, all I can say is contact them and see what they say.

Jobber I’m no longer interested in working for Manpower I was responding to the person who was asking over experience. I’ve just checked out the Manpower website though and for all there jobs in the Yorkshire area they do stipulate 2 years experience

its the same old catch 22 situation how do companys get people with two years exp if nobody wants to employ you without exp…advert in local job centre. required 2 x c class 2x c-e drivers must be aged 21+ for insurance purposes and have at least 2 years min exp. is 21 not the age to take the lgv test so where does the 2 years exp come in to it.confused i am.

:laughing: GoT a job which is paying more than Agency work ,time and half after 8hrs and double on Sundays £8 on agency £8.40 on this job and plenty of hours and nights out. I think companys are waking up to the fact that its better to start paying decent money and retain workers.

Irlamsdriver:
In answer to your question regarding 6 months experience, 3 months ago now I applied to Manpower in the Yorkshire area for the Post Office contract. They got in contact with me via my landline to give me a telephone interview and as soon as I stated I only had 6 months experience said “we’ll ave to look into that”. They did and 2 days later phoned me back (very courteous of them) and said thanks but no thanks its a minimum of 2 years experience. Strange thing is I remember in one of the daily tabloids a year or so ago Manpower were running a competition to put someone through right to class C + E then employ them. Strange how on an advertising venture for temselves they can employ newbies, but on no other grounds.

If this is Wakefield RDC at Whitwood then whoever told you that is talking [zb]. When I passed my class 1 over 12 months ago I had 9 points on my licence (1x SP40 3pts, 1x IN10 6pts), 4 months worth of class 1 experience and I had no problems getting work with them on agency. I would probably still be working there now if it wasn’t for an accident I had whilst working there a while ago which I’m claiming for.

If you PM me I’ll give you the details of the agency concerned and I’m fairly sure I could get you in there tomorrow/Monday/whenever.

There is a huge Royal Mail distribution centre 10 minutes up the road from me which would be really handy if I could get in there. I phoned Manpower a few weeks ago shortly after getting my Class-1 licence through the post from the DVLA. I was told that they really want 3 years Class-1 experience but would accept 2 at a pinch if they were desperate - which I doubt as their wages appear to be well above anyone else’s I’ve heard about - when I told the guy I had just passed my Class-1 he pretty well laughed and said call him back in a few years time!!!
I also understand that if you work for Manpower you cannot work for any other agency.

Tom