Being an agencie worker!

Hi guys started agency work on Saturday went to the yard to be taking down to location to pick up a tanker of waist, ■■■■■■■■ I had 2 fuel trucks and another tanker to ferry back and forth all night. First ever civi driving wasn’t happy I even had to drag hoses on board the ship for the lads which im not botherd about used to this being in the army. Yet I was only one that seem to be grafting even went back for second load at 3 am to find they had all sacked it and I had to get all the trucks my self with one old timmer taking me back to trucks in transit.

Has anyone worked for agency and been paid by paytrack system.

Is £10 an hour night shift good.

this weekend driving for yuill and dodds for royal mail for £11… iv seen on there site advertising £12 to £14 weekend pay rates on local jobs but im not getting that any reason■■?

also anyone worked for Recruitment Direct in Falkirk or Driver Hire

No idea what your post is about but yes I have worked for RD for several years.

Can’t fault them. Royal mail work is easy at Y&D, very long (15 - 17 hour) shifts though…

If you’re gonna be agency you’ve got to get used to being given all the ■■■■ that no one else will do. Stick with it though as there are some companies that treat agency staff very well, do well for them and they will keep asking for you by name.

Ye long shifts started at 8am finished at 10pm looked at my print out and my drivers hours are screwed up. Only registerd 42min break 8min availability 3hours work which is is wrong.

alanuk2013:
Ye long shifts started at 8am finished at 10pm looked at my print out and my drivers hours are screwed up. Only registerd 42min break 8min availability 3hours work which is is wrong. And 10 odd hours driving

Longs shifts? How many have you done in a single week? You need to get a grip on these hours and FAST. 10hrs driving will require 1½hrs in breaks.

The 8am til 10pm shift will use one of your reduced daily rest - which you can only have 3 over a two weekly rest period.

A lad working with us has just been handed a £2,000+ fine by VOSA as he had been taking 3 reduced daily rest periods per week, plus not taking the correct breaks. When he got stopped they made him take a 11hr break at point of stop.

If your on Digi card, make a print out and write a explantion on the back of what went wrong. Same goes for Tacho chart. But for your own sake, Get your hours sorted.

There are numerous guys on here who will give you the info you need about drivers hours. Just ask them

which you can only have 3 over a two weekly rest period.

Wrong you can have 3 reduced daily rests the rule is 3 between two weekly rest periods

Ronnie W:

Wrong you can have 3 reduced daily rests the rule is 3 between two weekly rest periods

wrong you can do splits everyday :wink:

nick2008:

Ronnie W:

Wrong, a split daily rest is not a reduced daily rest, so Ronnie was right :wink:

tachograph:

nick2008:

Ronnie W:

Wrong, a split daily rest is not a reduced daily rest, so Ronnie was right :wink:

u know what I ment :wink: :wink:

Ronnie W:

Same [zb] thing

macci:

Ronnie W:

Same [zb] thing

It’s not - BETWEEN 2 weekly rest periods you have 5 working days or 1 week. You can have 3 reduced daily rests between each 2 weekly rests. Or in other words, you can reduce daily rest 3 times EVERY week.

What is certain is that the rules are far too complex for lorry drivers to work out and people with degrees even struggle. Agencies are getting quite good at exploiting this weakness. :unamused:

alanuk2013:
Is £10 an hour night shift good.

In Bulgaria it is.

this weekend driving for yuill and dodds for royal mail for £11… iv seen on there site advertising £12 to £14 weekend pay rates on local jobs but im not getting that any reason■■?

Shower of scum and you’re taking it up the arse there, no surprise!

I was offerd great cash to go i to yuill and dodds but refused as they are imho bollox.at one point it was mostly poles and dont get me started about what they did to the miners

Race Trucker:

macci:

Ronnie W:

Same [zb] thing

It’s not - BETWEEN 2 weekly rest periods you have 5 working days or 1 week. You can have 3 reduced daily rests between each 2 weekly rests. Or in other words, you can reduce daily rest 3 times EVERY week.

Totally wrong. Here’s a link that may help you: businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … 1111_3.pdf

Hope this helps!

This is a copy and paste from half way down page 20 of the link you supplied:

“A driver may reduce his daily rest period to no less than 9 continuous hours, but this can be done no more than three times between any two weekly rest periods; no compensation for the reduction is required. A daily rest that is less than 11 hours but at least 9 hours long is called a reduced daily
rest period.”