What would you do???

Apologies if this video has been posted before. Have a look and let me know what you think you would do…

youtu.be/n44L-SOI1I8

That is either some incredible driving or some incredibly lucky braking. We would all like to think we would slam on the brakes and save the child but in all honesty braking like that could send the lorry out of control and at best wipe out three other kids or at worst jack knife into the bus and wipe out a bus load of kids. Part of me says wow and hats off to the driver, another part thinks I wouldn’t do the same thing. My mum and brother were showing me this tonight, my brother understood the point i was making but my mum clearly thought i was being a monster. Guess being in that position and instinct would dictate what you do.

OH NO !!! not this one again :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

pierrot 14:
OH NO !!! not this one again :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

:laughing: me or the video

I think you may be the 4th person to post this video

I really should pay more attention.

H4L:
Apologies if this video has been posted before. Have a look and let me know what you think you would do…

youtu.be/n44L-SOI1I8

That is either some incredible driving or some incredibly lucky braking.

It’s the latter but more like good engineering design than luck.

While decent driving would have meant braking and going down through the gears on the approach from around 0.08 to the point where it was crawling in around 3rd gear max by the time it reached the hazard. :unamused:

I have seen this before, if any of you have ever driven in the USA or Canada you will know we have those horrible yellow school buses that are probably the most uncomfortable forms of travel ever, on saying that they have red lights that sit on the highest points at front and rear that flash when stopped to pick up or drop off children, if you pass a school bus in either direction you will get a huge fine.
As a driver who has to put up with these dam horrible yellow peril piles of junk I can say that although they save children for being killed they cause chaos.

Pat Hasler:
I have seen this before, if any of you have ever driven in the USA or Canada you will know we have those horrible yellow school buses that are probably the most uncomfortable forms of travel ever, on saying that they have red lights that sit on the highest points at front and rear that flash when stopped to pick up or drop off children, if you pass a school bus in either direction you will get a huge fine.
As a driver who has to put up with these dam horrible yellow peril piles of junk I can say that although they save children for being killed they cause chaos.

I wonder if they also teach kids that it’s safe to run into the road because traffic always stops for them?
When then get into the real world things don’t work like that.
Protecting kids is one thing, but isolating them from reality is foolish. If they never are shown danger, in a controlled way, they’ll never learn. Chuck 'em out at 18yrs after being wrapped up in cotton wool, and they’ll be knocked down the first time they try to cross the road.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk