What would you have done?

Ok, last night i saw something i was totally gobsmacked at, so much so that i had to hold off overtaking this guy all the way from tothill services on the a34 down to the split on the m3 to the m27.

The driving was careless and erratic, swerving over two lanes, not maintaining a constant speed. Another lorry tried to overtake and he was almost shown the central reservation on the 34, he had to brake sharply and pull back.

WHY? Total disregard for the license, the road and other people!

The lorry was unmarked otherwise i would have called the boss up, didn’t allow myself to get close enough to right the number plate down either he was that dangerous!¬!!!

I have a button in the cab, the number plate flips around to reveal a row of missiles, i would have taken a shot at his rear nearside wheel, then when he stopped i would have safely passed :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

take the reg, phone the police and report him for possible drink driving.

I’m afraid that sounds like the driver was falling a sleep at the wheel. If you and all the other people on the road where unhurt, count your blessing’s and let the police have the truck’s number, but I doubt they can do much without evidence.

follow him & run him over.

Seriously hmmm… kept my distance enough so that if anything happens I could easly stop before the accident. If it was seriously dangerous maybee take photos or try & get a numberplate, but keep well out of the way.

i would have phoned the rozzers there and then, let them deal with the problem before and accident happened :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
chris

Definitely phoned the police.

Ken.

Same as quinny

same as quinny here too i am afraid

Me personally I would of drove right by and forgot all about it

Let the abuse begin :unamused:

simon

police i’m affraid,why let idiots like this carry on :question:

My train of thought on this subject would go along the lines of the following…

If he has an accident,and wipes out a young family,I don’t think I could live with myself if I knew I hadn’t done something.Could you?

Until he’s pulled over by the constabules,you don’t know what his problem is.

Ken.

Until he’s pulled over by the constabules,you don’t know what his problem is

Too true, It is possible he was an undiagnosed diabetic, or suffering a mild heart attack or something similar
OR
He could just have been a moron putting others lives at risk…

either way the people to deal with it are the police… YES .I would have made the call.

Yep
Phone the police for me also!
“Best questions are asked before its too late!”
IMHO

Yes, phone the police…

However they would probably take too long to get there and if the guy really is falling asleep I would probably try and wake him, a few long blasts on the horns and lots of headlight flashing might be enough to stop an accident.
It’s also possible he might be ill, heart attacks and blackouts are not that uncommon whilst at the wheel!!!

With the long hours we are all expected to work there are times when I have been concerned about my ability to stay alert for a long haul on a boring motorway but, thankfully, I have had the common sense to take a break when needed. But if I did start to wander between lanes for no reason I would hope that another driver just might check that I’m OK…

Martin:
With the long hours we are all expected to work there are times when I have been concerned about my ability to stay alert for a long haul

Then god bless the WTD when it arrives, if it prevents one person being killed or injured by drivers working too many hours then its a good thing.

The problem here Tiggz is that too many truck drivers would be far too concerned about phoning the Police to report this guy as he is a comrade in arms (some on this site too), than prevent an accident, but yes i would have had no hesitation to phone the Police and report him.

It could also have been a newly qualified driver who maybe wasnt too used to the tramlines on that A34 as we all know they are very bad there and one momentary loss of concentration and you CAN, be all over the road.

I too would have called the police.

As has already been mentioned on here the fact that the police would have taken so long to turn up, or not even bothered to turn up at all would not help the situation.

take your seatbelt off or talk on a mobile the rozzers will soon be on the case :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
seems to me that easy pickings are the way the ■■■■■■■■■■■ wont to go, when it is something really important like a life being at risk they just dont want to know or take 3 days to answera phone call and 7 working days to put in an apperance :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:
rant over!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
chris

Yes very true i wouldn’t want any other person to be killed by this loon, but at the same time i had to think of my safety and getting close to this guy just to get his number plate would have been dangerous. as for calling the old bill, well knowing my luck after making the call they would have done me for using a phone whilst driving! arh the british legal system.

Tiggz youcan use a mobile whilst driving in case of an emergancy whether accident prevention falls in to that category i,m not sure.