What would you have done?

I cannot believe what a bunch of sanctimonious holier than thou law abiding bunch of ■■■■■■■■ you all are!!!

Phone the Police■■? Why■■? Lets assume the guy was tired?? Then give him loads of main beam and horn… he’ll realise what is happening and hopefully pull over at next lay by.

It makes me laugh when I see replies like these… obviously none of you work enough to ever get tired at the wheel

TheBear:
I cannot believe what a bunch of sanctimonious holier than thou law abiding bunch of [zb] you all are!!!

Phone the Police■■? Why■■? Lets assume the guy was tired?? Then give him loads of main beam and horn… he’ll realise what is happening and hopefully pull over at next lay by.

It makes me laugh when I see replies like these… obviously none of you work enough to ever get tired at the wheel

Thank you sir at last someone agrees with me :smiley:

simon

I would NEVER phone the Police about another driver, Simon!!!

I don’t care what he was doing, it is none of my business

TheBear:
I cannot believe what a bunch of sanctimonious holier than thou law abiding bunch of [zb] you all are!!!

On the other hand he falls asleep goes through the central reservation hits a car with a family of four killing them outright and you could have prevented that would you still feel ok about it?.

How the ■■■■ can you come out with a phrase like

TheBear:

NOBODY should be driving a truck/car or anything else if they are tired, this guy IF he was tired, should as (apparently!!) a professional driver should have the ■■■■■■■ common sense to pull over IF he was tired.

Its people like you who make the WTD look more appealing every day.

TheBear:
hopefully pull over at next lay by

and if he doesnt have the common sense to do that is that still no-ones else,s business■■?.

Don’t you ever get tired, Jammy■■? Where do you work then cos I would love a job like that!!! Or are you one of the “work yard lawyers” that I recall talking about last week?
You cannot honestly tell me you have never felt tired at the wheel … if thats the case then I reckon you’re a “chauffeur” not a truck driver.
For chauffeur, read the guy that goes into work at Crick, picks a trailer up, runs it to Penrith where he does a trailer swop and returns to the depot. WOW!! What an exciting day …
I reckon there are too many “failed and frustrated” traffic Policemen on here!! Cos some of you are always too quick to criticise other peoples driving.
I must be getting too cynical in my old age. If you are meant to die, then you die!!! How is immaterial …if it is meant to be in an RTA, then so be it

and in answer to your question, Jammy … I would have give the guy loads of main beam and horn … if that had not worked, then so be it.
I would not have phoned the Police… bugger all to do with me

o.k guy’s please let’s calm down I know this is a subject we are not all going to agree on but let’s try not to get into the depths where we start attacking each other

thankyou

pam

Site Admin

TheBear:

A BIG FAT DITTO HERE…some times folk are to quick to judge… perhaps the guy was a little tired… ok he should pull in to refresh himself… but just because some one see,s him with a wobble on doesnt mean he is a mass murderer… good lord man… what is it with folk these days… phone the police phone the police… get a grip.why should you put this bloke and his family on the dole .yes i know about accidents did he have one… (me hats on)so what

ohterry555:

TheBear:

A BIG FAT DITTO HERE…some times folk are to quick to judge… perhaps the guy was a little tired… ok he should pull in to refresh himself… but just because some one see,s him with a wobble on doesnt mean he is a mass murderer… good lord man… what is it with folk these days… phone the police phone the police… get a grip.why should you put this bloke and his family on the dole .yes i know about accidents did he have one… (me hats on)so what

Yes another one welcome to the we have morals club Terry :smiley:

simon

ok so he falls asleep at the wheel and kills YOUR wife and kids still not YOUR problem■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
i used to feel tired when trundling up the A14 so i used to stop and have a kip, stuff the boss and the delivery times at the end of the day i am driving the truck, it is mt licence and my consense (spelling) if someone else dosent like tuff :imp: :imp: :imp:
chris

ok ok ok, lads stop. At the end of the day you look after your own quite agree, every man and his dog has to earn a penny. BUT this guy went from tot hill services on the 34 all the way down to the m3, this guy wasn’t tired this guy was just being dangerous. Even when another lorry tried to pass he was still straddling lanes and going all over the place.

AND another point that was raised. Yeah i get tired, and yeah i feel tired when i’m driving, ■■■■ i’m tired all the time, but if i get to a stage where i feel i can’t keep my eyes open and be alert on the job then i will pull over and have a break. It’s not being unprofessional, it’s being professional.

:confused:

tiggz:
AND another point that was raised. Yeah i get tired, and yeah i feel tired when i’m driving, [zb] i’m tired all the time, but if i get to a stage where i feel i can’t keep my eyes open and be alert on the job then i will pull over and have a break. It’s not being unprofessional, it’s being professional.

No, Tiggs… it is called being sensible!!! That does not define being professional. Unfortunately, lots out there AND ON HERE are not always sensible

caveman:
ok so he falls asleep at the wheel and kills YOUR wife and kids still not YOUR problem■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

As I said, caveman… if it is meant to be, it will happen!

i think i would have tried to wake him if no joy called the police

TheBear:

caveman:

As I said, caveman… if it is meant to be, it will happen!

sorry bear i think you have bit of a strange out look on life, but if that is how you feel then who are we to try and change it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
i dont belive that if your family was killed by a trucker driving like a knob then you would or could just say never mind they were killed by a brother in arms he was only trying to earn a crust c’est la vie :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

tiggz i am glad you think the same way as most of us, you should go a long way with that attitude, never let a gaffer bully you in to doing those extra few hours when you know you are too tired, a good gaffer would rather the load got delivered late, than a bloody great insurance claim for the wagon, the load, the others partys involved and worst lost lives and blood on his hands!!!
i worked for a bloke on bulk tip when i first started out on artics and he was allways pushing for that extra load. got the point were we all said no and wouldnt do the tipping off card and other stupid stuff we were asked to do.
we were also supposed to go in on a saterday morning and clean the motors even if we didnt get back till late o clock on the friday nite, he got told where to stick that idea aswell :imp: :imp:
needless to say i didnt stay there long, went back on the agy and back to the airport where i was treated as human not just a name and number.
chris

TheBear:

tiggz:
AND another point that was raised. Yeah i get tired, and yeah i feel tired when i’m driving, [zb] i’m tired all the time, but if i get to a stage where i feel i can’t keep my eyes open and be alert on the job then i will pull over and have a break. It’s not being unprofessional, it’s being professional.

No, Tiggs… it is called being sensible!!! That does not define being professional. Unfortunately, lots out there AND ON HERE are not always sensible

and if sensible does not come under professional then ■■■■ i haven’t a clue! At the end of the day as soon as i get in that wagon, i try and carry out all aspects of the job to my standards and i consider them to be high.

I asked a simple question of what would you have done, you wouldn’t have done jack so that’s the end of that. Your opinion on what being professional has been noted, enough said. Not going to get into a slanging match over it.

oh yeah and bear one more thing… yeah very true every one’s life has a time limit, god help you if anyone close to you ever gets killed in a RTA, believe me your attitude will change almost immediately.

tiggz:
oh yeah and bear one more thing… yeah very true every one’s life has a time limit, god help you if anyone close to you ever gets killed in a RTA, believe me your attitude will change almost immediately.

Tut Tut, Tiggs. you should always think before you speak

Sorry folks but I’m 100% with the Bear, call the police :open_mouth: We’re in a sorry state if we can’t help our fellow drivers by trying to alert them ourselves.

Oh and I would like to thank the driver that woke me up on the shap thank god he had theforsight to check that I was ok and gave me the opportunity to sort myself out rather than rob me of my livelyhood.
The world isn’t completely full of vigalanties just yet, than god!

Tiggz at least you know now that if you do feel tired you can keep on driving for as long as it takes for a fellow truck driver to make sure you wake up.