Hope this driver is ok?

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Another bus driver who thought he has more rights on the road than others.

bus driver now been arrested.

i know this road well as i used to live in kendal,
and often drove the school bus on it. not a road to race on, often said that if you left tebay late you just run late.

hope all are ok on bus. and the artic drive ok.

Heard this on the radio this morning the headline was. A lorry has crashed into a bus carrying children. Probably sounded more dramatic that way than the other way around. I was a bit disappointed they didn’t say juggernaut!

dukeofdirt:
I was a bit disappointed they didn’t say juggernaut!

You mean a “juggernaut in excess of 50 ton”?

just seen tv report on this crash, the wagon was based in kendal,
so possibly local driver, bus driver from kendal,

makes you wonder if both drivers thought they knew the road rather to well?

just hope all involved are ok, nothing worse then this sort of accident.

Why was the bus driver arrest and not both?

Saaamon:
Why was the bus driver arrest and not both?

Maybe there was clear evidence he was driving like a trumpet.

Possibly due to the 30 (soon to be 45!) passengers onboard…

I’ve seen a picture of the accident scene.

The bus is over the whiteline on a l/hand bend, and the truck is halfway onto its nearside verge.

I suspect the most likely cause of the accident is kids messing about and distracting the bus driver.

and anyway the cctv camera on the front of bus may reveal all…

Looks like the front of the truck was totalled, bus doesn’t seem that bad.

GasGas:

The bus is over the whiteline on a l/hand bend, and the truck is halfway onto its nearside verge.

I suspect the most likely cause of the accident is kids messing about and distracting the bus driver.

You missed the bit out where the lorry trailer’s wheels were clearly over onto the bus drivers side of the road. Impact moves vehicles so impossible to speculate from photo’s.

Alarming how the Iveco folded up so bad against a flimsy bus :open_mouth:

CLICK ON VIDEOhttp://vimeo.com/75224734
CLICK ON VIDEO

ajt:

GasGas:

You missed the bit out where the lorry trailer’s wheels were clearly over onto the bus drivers side of the road. Impact moves vehicles so impossible to speculate from photo’s.

Alarming how the Iveco folded up so bad against a flimsy bus :open_mouth:

I agree about the Iveco folding up in the impact…it does seem to have come off worse than the bus, an its driver certainly did.

While the trailer wheels may have been over the centre of the road, the trailer position doesn’t seem to be that relevant in the incident because the accident damage is ‘cab-to-cab’ on the off-side corners of each vehicle.

There’s a huge front overhang on a bus. The fist time I drove one I was told "you have to go past the corner before you start to turn.’

I didn’t really understand this until I got to the first corner…!

On a narrow road it does seem to entail poking your nose out further than seems comfortable.

MisterStrood:
Another bus driver who thought he has more rights on the road than others.

What a stupid statement

here is a wee tip …engage brain before operating keyboard

A full investigation is underway by the road policing unit accident investigators and VOSA but a clown like you has it all sewn up in one brainless sentence.

bertiebus:

Wagon belonged to Lakeland Commercials of Kendal, a company the locals round here will be familiar with.

As for the bus we’re still not sure, although I think Kirkby Lonsdale Coach Hire have some in that, or very similiar livery.

dew:

bertiebus:

Wagon belonged to Lakeland Commercials of Kendal, a company the locals round here will be familiar with.

As for the bus we’re still not sure, although I think Kirkby Lonsdale Coach Hire have some in that, or very similiar livery.

had a look as to who runs at those times. either stagecoach or gran prix coaches but could be as you said, as i have lost track of the colour schemes that folk have round kendal.
doubt the stagecoach bus thought. wrong colours.
i need to get up to kendal more often and lurk around the bus station! :blush:

Definitely not one of Stagecoachs, colours are way out. I just saw an Optare in very similar colours with Kirkby Lonsdale on the front, hence the thought it’s one of theirs