Hope this driver is ok?

dew:
Definitely not one of Stagecoachs, colours are way out. I just saw an Optare in very similar colours with Kirkby Lonsdale on the front, hence the thought it’s one of theirs

You’re right:

flickr.com/photos/ian_simpson/9086884485/

I don’t know weither to be proud of that fact or not :laughing:

dew:

We could get a full time job in the TNUKCSI with investigations like that.:smiley:

damoq:

dew:

We could get a full time job in the TNUKCSI with investigations like that.:smiley:

just takes little investigation.
was the second bus of the day, 1st is the stagecoach school bus.
this one is the collage bus. does the same route but 10 mins later

heard driver now been bailed.

ajt:

GasGas:
I’ve seen a picture of the accident scene.

The bus is over the whiteline on a l/hand bend, and the truck is halfway onto its nearside verge.

I suspect the most likely cause of the accident is kids messing about and distracting the bus driver.

You missed the bit out where the lorry trailer’s wheels were clearly over onto the bus drivers side of the road. Impact moves vehicles so impossible to speculate from photo’s.

Alarming how the Iveco folded up so bad against a flimsy bus :open_mouth:

Firstly the bus looks like it’s actually been built like a brick zb house luckily for it’s passengers in this case but probably not so good in the case of hitting something solid that won’t give like a tree or the back of a truck in which case all the energy would be transmitted back through the bus.The truck cab seems like the inevitable result of something built with more impact crushability to get rid of energy in the case of hitting something like another truck from the rear although the bus builders seem to be using the ( correct ) logic that there’s not much point in having an impact crush zone on something where the driver is already in the crush zone,although it’s anyone’s guess what happens in the event of the bus hitting something more solid assuming it’s passengers don’t have any restraints.

As for trailer the bus has obviously hit the unit not the trailer and the unit is ahead of the trailer.Regardless of what might have happened in this case experience of seeing oncoming buses here on relatively narrow roads suggests that bus driver training and testing standards are total zb,in regards to judgement of width of their vehicle and positioning the thing against the kerb and within the lines on the mirrors,with avoiding action often being needed even with a car let alone a truck.

Was talking to one of Lakelands drivers today and the driver is fine. Spent one night in hospital as a precaution. His worst injury was a badly cut arm. Took over 2.5hrs to free him from his cab. Apparently the reason the bus driver was arrested, was that he blew a positive breath test!!! :imp::mad: