UK/European van driving work

Hiya lads,
I’m looking for long distance UK/European van driving work. Ideally self employed (not owner driver) but cards in would be welcome.
I’ve 10 years experience delivering/collecting in 21 countries. I’m 53 years old with kids grown up so long stays away no problem. I’ve been out of the game for the past 3 years operating 40t articulated dump trucks but I really want to get back into the van driving. I’m based in Durham. If anyone knows anyone and they could let me know I would appreciate it.
Many thanks,
Carl.

its a shame you dont live further south, my managers brother has got a fleet of well specced sprinters and they go all over, i think he is based in gloucester, and my manager has this week got 2 renault masters with a sleeper pod delivered for doing euro. Big vern on here was doing euro in a van, not sure if he still is but he may be a better help

As far as i know, theres no restrictions on vans and the hours they can work…so a 19 hour day is about normal, with 40 winks in the passenger seat…correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks for the reply Rob,
I’ve worked for firms in the south before but it only worked because they kept me out for up to a month at a time which saved on travel time/costs. If your manager or his brother could keep me going until Xmas then for a couple of week at a time in the new year then I could do that. I understand not everyone has such work volume and some prefer more local drivers but If that would be of interest to them then please let me know. I appreciate your time.
Regards, Carl.

truckyboy:
As far as i know, theres no restrictions on vans and the hours they can work…so a 19 hour day is about normal, with 40 winks in the passenger seat…correct me if i am wrong.

Technically it’s British Domestic Hours. We do hotels - there’d be a riot if I tried to install sleeper pods!

I’ve slept across the seats many times, sometimes woken up by the gearstick tryin to get amorous !!! :slight_smile:

bristolrob:
its a shame you dont live further south, my managers brother has got a fleet of well specced sprinters and they go all over, i think he is based in gloucester, and my manager has this week got 2 renault masters with a sleeper pod delivered for doing euro. Big vern on here was doing euro in a van, not sure if he still is but he may be a better help

I’m looking for similar, and only about 1.5 hours away from Gloucester

Care to pm me or whatever what they do? :slight_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bristolrob:

not scotts by any chance,see their very tidy blinged up sprinters from time to time coming down the A419 from the Gloucester area

They are getting stricter on van hrs in Europe.
Germany do check log books .( remember them)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yeah, but it gets you away from the Mrs!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albion:

truckyboy:

Technically it’s British Domestic Hours. We do hotels - there’d be a riot if I tried to install sleeper pods!

Youve spoilt them Albion, no going back now…rod/back ect… :wink:

AndrewG:

albion:

truckyboy:

Youve spoilt them Albion, no going back now…rod/back ect… :wink:

I know they’ll start wanting Xmas day off next :cry:

Albion, thats what i was wondering…whether they have to fill in a log book ( yeah i remember the fun we had with those )…but talking to van drivers in the past, its lots of hours if your across the pond a lot.

We do have a log book for Germany, and our ow. WTD/timesheet hybrids for anywhere else. Our lads drive 7.5s and vans, so we run on EU hours and we are double manned mostly abroad.