International courier work

Just an idea I would like to put across to you all. I’m approaching my 60’s with a very good knowledge of International HGV class one driving having spent over 15 years in motorsport, event trucking, exhibition and conference trucking and rock and roll trucking. I’m thinking of buying a Sprinter van and going it on my own but not really interested in multi drop UK work, does anyone know of companies to approach, anyone who actually does this for a living or any other leads that would help me decide as to whether I want to follow this plan up… Any feedback would be appreciated… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You’ll make yourself a millionaire in a year, but 1st you need to start with £2 million …

euro work is hard going,you got all the flip flops doing for next to nothing, im loving it as im getting work cover at cost, mansfield to s/france £650 pick up monday deliver tuesday / bilbao £790 :grimacing: :grimacing:

nobbynomad:
Just an idea I would like to put across to you all. I’m approaching my 60’s with a very good knowledge of International HGV class one driving having spent over 15 years in motorsport, event trucking, exhibition and conference trucking and rock and roll trucking. I’m thinking of buying a Sprinter van and going it on my own but not really interested in multi drop UK work, does anyone know of companies to approach, anyone who actually does this for a living or any other leads that would help me decide as to whether I want to follow this plan up… Any feedback would be appreciated… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Amended to say constructive feedback would be appreciated…

burnley-si:
euro work is hard going,you got all the flip flops doing for next to nothing, im loving it as im getting work cover at cost, mansfield to s/france £650 pick up monday deliver tuesday / bilbao £790 :grimacing: :grimacing:

Thanks for your input Burnley-Si

don’t know much about it think big vern on here done it for a bit?

also a bit in truckstop news about some bloke who runs a few vans across the water

Don’t do it…You won’t EVER see home, or sleep again for very little reward!

burnley-si:

Christ I was getting £750 from Rugby to Belfort 20 years ago.

bigvern1:
Don’t do it…You won’t EVER see home, or sleep again for very little reward!

Dieseldog66:

burnley-si:

im not complaining :grimacing: :grimacing: an easy double your money and some :grimacing: :grimacing:

i rather would send Info by PM then posting Customer on a Forum.

burnley-si:

Dieseldog66:

burnley-si:

im not complaining :grimacing: :grimacing: an easy double your money and some :grimacing: :grimacing:

You sure about that? Somehow I doubt you’re including all your costs and are just basing it on fuel and ferry/tunnel costs. I bet when everything is factored in you’re not on much more than a tenner an hour assuming its a clean run with no French dockers strikes and no Eurotunnel hold ups, no breakdowns and no tyre blowouts.

I think he means he is paying some else that and charging more conor!

Hope so although it won’t have been the first time I’ve seen someone working out profit based purely on what its cost them in fuel and parking/tolls/ferry.

Conor:

burnley-si:

Dieseldog66:

burnley-si:

You sure about that? Somehow I doubt you’re including all your costs and are just basing it on fuel and ferry/tunnel costs. I bet when everything is factored in you’re not on much more than a tenner an hour assuming its a clean run with no French dockers strikes and no Eurotunnel hold ups, no breakdowns and no tyre blowouts.

the only cost i have is an invoice and paying the flip flop, its me that doubles my money, the flip flop might make £100 if hes lucky

Conor:
Hope so although it won’t have been the first time I’ve seen someone working out profit based purely on what its cost them in fuel and parking/tolls/ferry.

thats one thing i do get right, 11yrs and running at + 5% this year

As one guy I know his customer sent a pallet to southern Spain asked him for quote and then told him they could have it delivered for 300 all in it still hasn’t arrived. The flip flops may be cheep but they do have risks

go for it just work out if you can last for a few months of laying out for fuel ,insurance and other costs .Also buy the right van the sprinters are expensive but customers like them its about image clean modern van with a tidy polite driver it makes more sense than old battered transit with wheels dropping off

After my fabulous advice…I’ll be away doing it next week. LOL

Best of luck with it.id love to do it