EURO VAN WORK

Can anyone put me onto any firms who do the very long range euro van work.I live near Portsmouth but keep drawing a blank with every position pursued,i.e,they tend to be for owner drivers.

I have no probs kipping in the van if required and I have extensive euro time under my belt,I just need to be away from trucks for a while.Thanks in advance.

Have you looked into leasing your own van ? If they want owner drivers give it a go. Orys or Vern maybe able to help you and there was a driver here only last week I think doing long distant van work.

ijsglobal.com/

Don’t know if they’ve got anything going but they do long distance European work.

manalishi:
Can anyone put me onto any firms who do the very long range euro van work.I live near Portsmouth but keep drawing a blank with every position pursued,i.e,they tend to be for owner drivers.

I have no probs kipping in the van if required and I have extensive euro time under my belt,I just need to be away from trucks for a while.Thanks in advance.

Sorry but you cant sleep in the van these days as they changed that a while ago

But most are owner drivers as they then have less prob/ expense

I’m sure you can sleep in a van if it has a proper bunk.

Harry Monk:

Yep you are right but not alowed to sleep across the seats any more

Try GBA Services, they have depots nationwide and do hotshot work with Sprinter vans all over Europe.

I used to drive Sprinters with bunks built into the rear compartment. Not much call for it at the mo, unless you’re in the right place at the right time.
Whilst we’re on the subject. I posted an ad for myself on Gumtree.
Within 5 minutes I had a call from a company in Plymouth inviting me for an interview. Euro work is a big part of their business. I had already got a start date with DHL. I started this today. However, on my 1st drop this morning, my phone rang. Can I start tomorrow for the Plymouth company. So I am back in the land of bigger and better adventures after 1 day at DHL!!!

Brand new, black Sprinter on order from Mercedes. RESULT! :sunglasses:

bald bloke:
Have you looked into leasing your own van ? If they want owner drivers give it a go. Orys or Vern maybe able to help you and there was a driver here only last week I think doing long distant van work.

That was Glen. He got a job collecting pharmaceuticals from ALL over Europe in a fridge van.
I’ll let him fill you in on that one! :wink:

Try Van European,
they used to be based in Hythe,
though I think they have moved now to Holmfirth - as far as I know they have sprinter vans with bunks in them,
I’ve spoken to a couple of their drivers and they all seem happy enough.

animal:

Harry Monk:

Tsscoh, kids of today, I used to sleep on a plank laid across the door handles of my Atkinson Borderer, minus 15 it used to be up on Shap. :wink:

matt01:
Try Van European,
though I think they have moved now to Holmfirth - as far as I know they have sprinter vans with bunks in them,

I e-mailed Van European about 50 times, and they never replied once. Was beginning to think it was a B/S company.
What do their vans actually look like?
Anyhow, for those that care. I start with Courierforce from Plymouth tomorrow. My 1st drop…

MACCLESFIELD !!! :open_mouth:

Harry Monk:

animal:

Harry Monk:

Tsscoh, kids of today, I used to sleep on a plank laid across the door handles of my Atkinson Borderer, minus 15 it used to be up on Shap. :wink:

Bloody hell Harry ,I’m dead impressed…I mean…Door handles…on the inside…posh motor that must have been :wink:

vern is that courier force you got on for

bigvern1:

matt01:
Try Van European,

I e-mailed Van European about 50 times, and they never replied once. Was beginning to think it was a B/S company.
What do their vans actually look like?
Anyhow, for those that care. I start with Courierforce from Plymouth tomorrow. My 1st drop…

MACCLESFIELD !!! :open_mouth:

is that in a standard sprinter van?

A Luton apparently. Mine won’t be here for about a week. Getting my own dedicated van this time, so won’t have to keep shifting my gear in and out!

alix776:
vern is that courier force you got on for

Yes mate…I mentioned it earlier.

gezt:
Bloody hell Harry ,I’m dead impressed…I mean…Door handles…on the inside…posh motor that must have been :wink:

Yes, my Borderer was the de-luxe en-suite version, without a gear lever gaiter so you could have a wizz through the hole in the floor without even slowing down. :wink:

Harry Monk:

animal:

Harry Monk:

Good job you weren’t there then eh?? :laughing:

Harry Monk:
. . . minus 15 it used to be up on Shap. :wink:

. . . and minus 15 as well - you big strong hunk :stuck_out_tongue:

Stan