EURO VAN WORK

Harry Monk:

gezt:
Bloody hell Harry ,I’m dead impressed…I mean…Door handles…on the inside…posh motor that must have been :wink:

Yes, my Borderer was the de-luxe en-suite version, without a gear lever gaiter so you could have a wizz through the hole in the floor without even slowing down. :wink:

your gonna tell me it even had 2 wipers and a push screen wash…ooooooooooohhh bliss/heaven#was on a aec when tachos came about, mine wouldn’t work an boos insisted i was doing it wrong till we eventually suused out tacho was wired to courtesy light.door open tach worked shut door no tacho :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Toogood International

Sorry vern missed that don’t forget the new mercs go bang about 200k now if your lucky. Might see ya as I do fairway across the road usually if I’m down there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Monk:
Tsscoh, kids of today, I used to sleep on a plank laid across the door handles of my Atkinson Borderer

The worst of it is, you are not that far from the truth!

Did a few years for UBU delivering to Cavendish/Woodhouse, (remember them) if you were lucky you got to sleep in the back of the waggon over a couple of settee’s if you loaded the demountable box yourself and left a bit of space!

Happy Day’s… Then they upgraded the waggons, not to sleepers but to drags!!!

Harry Monk:
Tsscoh, kids of today, I used to sleep on a plank laid across the door handles of my Atkinson Borderer, minus 15 it used to be up on Shap. :wink:

Yes Harry but you forgot to mention that morning when you had forgotten to lock the (head end) door and your running mate brought you a brew accross and promptly opened the door. :laughing: Mind you, think Toby & Limey may have suffered similar fates as well. :laughing: :laughing:

alix776:
Sorry vern missed that don’t forget the new mercs go bang about 200k now if your lucky. Might see ya as I do fairway across the road usually if I’m down there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes matey…I’m going in at 1400 this afternoon, as I have to be in Macclesfield by 2100 tonight. So a nice leisurely drive is in order…Unless a different job comes in. This could happen as it’s all ad-hoc work. :sunglasses: The new Mercs are OK like you say for the early part of their working lives. That’s why the old gaffer clocked theirs and flogged 'em before the warranty ran out! :wink:

Whats the wage like Big Verne?

i should think big vern is en route to sunny macclesfield as long as the wheels dont fall off that is :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
best of luck with the job big vern

EUROPEAN VAN DRIVER

Vacancy from Jobcentre Plus
Job No:

HUD/102511
SOC Code:

Wage

UP TO £80 PER DAY, £20 NIGHT ALLOWANCE.
Hours

FULL TIME, 6 DAYS A WEEK, DAYS, EVENINGS, NIGHTS
VARIOUS HD9
Duration

Permanent
Date posted

10 May 2012
Pension details

No details held
Description

You must be aged 18 years+ as will be working nights. This will mostly be UK/EU work with EU Drops. EU driving experience is essential (Professional Deliveries experience ONLY - Holiday driving/forces driving is NOT enough for the role.) The role will involve irregular hours, possible nights away, wage to be discussed. The employer has claimed an exception under the Equality Act 2010. Please do NOT telephone the company. No attachments please. No Agencies.
How to apply

You can apply for this job by sending a CV/written application to Mark Senior at Van European Ltd, jobs@vaneuropean.co.uk.
Employer

Van European Ltd

6 Days a week
Up to £80 a day + £20 a night out…NO Thanks…but there for someone i suppose.

Isnt the 6 day week illegal under WTD…just asking, i know its a van, and theres no tacho, so theres no records…

A mate of mine thought he would try the van, sold his 105 daf, and gave it a go, till he was in Leeds and was offered £70 to London…so drove home empty, returned the van…and is now back with us via agency…so be careful, its not all honey and roses.

Van European Ltd; are now based in Holmfirth and do occasionally advertise on JC Plus but when I applied a couple of yrs back didn’t get past the initial exchange of email’s stage. Would have liked to have got on there but something else came up and I took that. 2.5 yrs on they are advertising again but I’m unable to go for it coz I’m now a single parent and my son comes first :exclamation:

Regards
Dave Penn;

I think it’s ■■■■■■■■…They never answer any e-mails and…There is no phone number. :unamused:

millsie6379:

My mother wouldn’t ask me that! :wink:

bigvern1:

millsie6379:

dam ma, she is always taking the wage of ya :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

mickyblue:

bigvern1:

millsie6379:

dam ma, she is always taking the wage of ya :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

My mother has been dead for 26 years! :open_mouth:

bigvern1:

mickyblue:

bigvern1:

millsie6379:

My mother has been dead for 26 years! :open_mouth:

well she aint going to be asking you a right lot then is she :wink: :wink: :wink: :open_mouth:

Don’t mock the dead…Especially my mother. :wink:

matt01:
Try Van European,
they used to be based in Hythe,
though I think they have moved now to Holmfirth - as far as I know they have sprinter vans with bunks in them,
I’ve spoken to a couple of their drivers and they all seem happy enough.

You’ll be lucky to get anything at van european. I’ve worked for them a few times, was one of the drivers who helped start the company. Decent owner but he is getting bigger vehicles now as a lot less van work about.

Also the fact that van european are advertising don’t mean they are busy. Chances are if you got a job u would be in and out of strasbourg more then anything else that it is a daily collection with 3 to 4 deliveries around the midlands. Money on eurovan work is poor unless you find the right job.

As for sleeping across the seats never stopped me over the last 5 years.

dilbert:
i should think big vern is en route to sunny macclesfield as long as the wheels dont fall off that is :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
best of luck with the job big vern

As it happens my day/days went like this!

I arrived at Plymouth at 14:00 yesterday. There was a 60 plate Merc Luton van waiting for me.
I checked the oil etc…And went to collect some newly made traffic lights for the Olympic village, to be brought back to HQ back at Plymouth, it was only a couple of miles away. Now, my original itinerary was to do one drop Macclesfield, to Tesco superstore. The gaffer said to the TM, why not give the Stratford job to me as well? So I loaded the other one too. So I left for Macc at 17:00 and tipped at 21:00 as arranged.

Then I headed for London and spent the night at Travelodge in Northampton. I got there at 2330, and went straight to bed. I got up 08:30, had cuppa and a shower and departed for London at 09:00. M1 was clear as planned, so was the M25. I found the correct gate for tipping on the 2nd attempt. Al-Qaeda on security didn’t know where I was supposed to be,so I rang the contact who was by co-incidence standing behind the Al Qaeda chappy at the gate. RESULT! :sunglasses:
Tipped at10:50 and headed back to Plymouth empty via M25 M4 M5. Clear run all the way at 70mph, got me back at 15:25.

Tomorrow, I have a 09:00 collection from Plymouth tomorrow, heading for Southampton. Stay off the A35 you ■■■■■■■■■■■ :smiley: