Sprinter vans

I want to drive vans on Euro work from October to mid January.

No home base, go anywhere, Xmas new year work straight through.

Class One 20yrs, lots of Euro experience.

Any suggestions please ?

BTW.
I have posted on the expat forum my hope to go to NZ but with the way work is at the moment all over the world, I would prefer to earn some UK money while I can…
In case you lot end up in the tank after January.

Thanks from the colonies. :sunglasses:

u could try candy carriers in sittingbourne kent i think they run vans on euro routes

Chewyboy:
u could try candy carriers in sittingbourne kent i think they run vans on euro routes

Thanks will look them up.

You not coming back on with us for a bit paul?

JB:

Afraid not mate, I dont think I would get away with living in the cab nowadays. :laughing:

dont forgot rules for sprinters 10 hour drive 11 hour duty ob\ver 6 days
try GBA Swadlincote

hitch:
try GBA Swadlincote

And how is this enforced please hitch?
Also whats the minimum break between shifts ?

Does everybody follow this?

Cheers

oatcake1967:

hitch:
try GBA Swadlincote

And how is this enforced please hitch?
Also whats the minimum break between shifts ?

Does everybody follow this?

Cheers

In all the years that i worked for GBA no one followed any driving hours rules for sprinters ‘drive till ya drop’ was the order of the day and the same happened with other companies who ran sprinters, as there is no enforcement in place and no way of the authorities easily knowing how many hours someone has spent sat at the wheel ect

tommy t:
In all the years that i worked for GBA no one followed any driving hours rules for sprinters ‘drive till ya drop’ was the order of the day and the same happened with other companies who ran sprinters, as there is no enforcement in place and no way of the authorities easily knowing how many hours someone has spent sat at the wheel ect

That sounds more like it :laughing:

PS
Do some vans have night heaters ?

Some vans do have night heaters but not many my old boss used to have 1 with a night heater in

If you go to EU keep a log book of the hours you have driven as in Germany & others you can be stopped & they can & do request to see you log ( my dad was stopped in Germany & had to show his )

And you " should " be aware of the domestic rules for each country you plan to travel through

oatcake1967:

JB:

Afraid not mate, I dont think I would get away with living in the cab nowadays. :laughing:

could rent a flat for the time you here :laughing:

animal:

oatcake1967:

JB:

could rent a flat for the time you here :laughing:

Not in this lifetime… :laughing:

tommy t:

Hi tommy t,

animal is spot-on mate…

According to some posts in the Euro Forum, the Germans are getting quite hot on the log-book thing these days.
As for being able to check on hours spent driving vans, the BAG can ask to see your CMR and maybe they’ll check with the ferry/train if they’ve a mind to.

Brit Pete or Inselaffe might like to confirm this, cos they both live and work in Germany.

:bulb: I’ll save Pete a post and say: You vill read ze stickies ozervise you vill be shot!! :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

The Sticky,s
It is a shame that people do not take a look as the information
is there and so many people have put forward their answers and
knowledge which makes a shame when it is not used,
as for the small van drivers be aware it is not only Germany that
will check you out but also the other EU partners,why, because
if you look how many workers are moving around Europe,they will
check for contraband and stolen goods & drugs, first and then if you
happen to be carrying freight they will do a complete control and if
they find you at fault it will cost money, and time, if you have broken
the working rules, they will ensure you take a rest period in a suitable place
which has a bed so this means even more costs when the van does not
have sleeping accommodation,that is legal,

Well in the time that is spent driving sprinters in and around europe and a lot of the time delivering/collecting from Germany or driving through it,used to do London to Copenhagen 18hrs in solo only stops where for a coffee & fuel & ferries , tip, then usually some 10hrs later load & do the return trip we never got stopped and asked for a log book we didn’t even have such a thing,
But if that has now changed i can’t say, but if you are also double manned and there is bunks fitted , how does that work then?

As for van having night heater’s fitted, as standard ,no,they will be a optional extra, so many bosses won’t pay it, same as curtains, a double bunked sprinter, ok i suppose if you both are light and small,when i used to do sprinters bed was across the front seats in a sleeping bag, engine running heater on if really cold, otherwise in the back providing there was a bit of foam to use as a mattress

No beds just 1 of them had a night heater in when he sold it on took it out to put in another sprinter

Not many have been stopped but it does & has happened

I would not drive a small van if can help it as been there done that would much rather have a taco & yes done some silly in them

animal:
No beds just 1 of them had a night heater in when he sold it on took it out to put in another sprinter

Not many have been stopped but it does & has happened

I would not drive a small van if can help it as been there done that would much rather have a taco & yes done some silly in them

Cheers, its only for 3 months or so,
I treat it like posh backpacking.

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … hicles.pdf

a read of this might help or try to pick up a free copy

Mines the only one at our place to have night heater and bunks in.
Night heaters are going in the others though.

Ben9:
Mines the only one at our place to have night heater and bunks in.
Night heaters are going in the others though.

To be honest Ben I really need a night heater and having the engine running just seems like a crime. :smiley: