Sprinter vans

animal:
http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/Transport_Theme_files/Rules_Drivers_Hours__Tachographs_Goods_vehicles.pdf

a read of this might help or try to pick up a free copy

Hi animal,

GV262 - 02 is fine for UK work and clearly explains UK domestic drivers’ hours, but the German requirements are different on this subject.

For instance, there are requirements that begin at 2.8t GVW that may catch some folks out a bit. :open_mouth:

I can provide a link to the German domestic driving Regs, but it’s… mmm… err… in German. :grimacing:

dieseldave:

animal:
http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/Transport_Theme_files/Rules_Drivers_Hours__Tachographs_Goods_vehicles.pdf

a read of this might help or try to pick up a free copy

Hi animal,

GV262 - 02 is fine for UK work and clearly explains UK domestic drivers’ hours, but the German requirements are different on this subject.

For instance, there are requirements that begin at 2.8t GVW that may catch some folks out a bit. :open_mouth:

I can provide a link to the German domestic driving Regs, but it’s… mmm… err… in German. :grimacing:

Hi Dave

Yes I am fully aware of that I was posting this for the benefit of the O/P which I think he will realise that that is the Domestic Hours for this country :wink:

Sorry I dont have the link for ALL the EU countries for there domestic driving hours as it does state in that link if you read it stated that it is only for this country

The foreign office of that country should be able to help on that matter :wink:

Sorry to disappoint you that most Sprinter & there type dont have night heaters or bunks in them

My ex boss only had 1 out of 5 Sprinters with a night heater in but none of them had bunks at the time

animal:
Sorry I dont have the link for ALL the EU countries for there domestic driving hours as it does state in that link if you read it stated that it is only for this country

The foreign office of that country should be able to help on that matter :wink:

The slightly annoying thing about domestic Regs is that each country has the right to make their own.
So, we have to approach the foreign office of each country to discover the domestic Regs, but who’s then to know if or when a particular country alters their domestic Regs in some way??

One argument says it would be better if all of the domestic Regs were standardised across the whole EU, but the counter argument could come from those who bang on about “yet more intervention from Brussels.”

I’ve got no sympathy with politicians or EU bureaucrats, but it does seem that they’re stuck between a rock and a hard place.
The EU citizens can’t have it both ways, but many still complain about over-regulation. :grimacing:

It just goes to show that you can’t please all of the people all of the time. :smiley:

As I understand ( & will be corrected ) they have just had a consultation on this & have decided not to change any of it

dieseldave:

animal:
One argument says it would be better if all of the domestic Regs were standardised across the whole EU, but the counter argument could come from those who bang on about “yet more intervention from Brussels.”

Yes I agree

I’ve got no sympathy with politicians or EU bureaucrats, but it does seem that they’re stuck between a rock and a hard place.
The EU citizens can’t have it both ways, but many still complain about over-regulation. :grimacing:

It just goes to show that you can’t please all of the people all of the time. :smiley:

Just some of the people some of the time

So that’s you phoned me a while ago?

Nothing new in our place, but yesterday night I saw the new van from Ecosse World Exress. It seems that they are growing rapidly. Might be worth to give them a call.

But it wasn’t sprinter, it was transit :slight_smile:

orys:
So that’s you phoned me a while ago?

Nothing new in our place, but yesterday night I saw the new van from Ecosse World Exress. It seems that they are growing rapidly. Might be worth to give them a call.

But it wasn’t sprinter, it was transit :slight_smile:

It was not me who called Orys, but thanks for the tip on Ecosse.
Cheers