Hillside Cafe any good A36?

Travel passed here few times only now realising what it was :smiley: . Anyone been here for a breakfast?? Il definately have to try it out. Looks plenty of room to park there early morning anyway.

Good food, reasonable prices, always clean and tidy; proper old-fashioned transport cafe. If you’re ever passing at lunchtime they do a proper roast dinner every day, well worth calling in for.

The old girl behind the counter can talk both hind legs off a donkey; and she’s a Carmarthen lass so you’re doomed if you’ve got a Welsh accent! :wink:

Hahaha brilliant. I only ever pass early as i work nights. Just looked it opens 6am so that will be great. Will definately give it a look then cheers!

Is it Terry the lady behind the counter originally from The Black Lion LLangadog ?

ianto:
Is it Terry the lady behind the counter originally from The Black Lion LLangadog ?

I think so.

Nice to see a trucker friendly eaterie instead of the usual trucker unfriendly eateries.

Yes, good food, and reasonably priced. Im afraid I don’t rate their tea though.

It’s the only cafe with hgv parking along the whole of the A36. There’s a number of salmonella vans in laybys if you feel lucky.

the nodding donkey:
Yes, good food, and reasonably priced. Im afraid I don’t rate their tea though.

It’s the only cafe with hgv parking along the whole of the A36. There’s a number of salmonella vans in laybys if you feel lucky.

Iv
've been looking all over and I’ve never found this “SAM & ELLA” Truck stop

Probly humpty dumpty’s mum & dad.