Double trailer towing

Maybe a daft question, but today whilst heading back to yard in Hull, the hull fair lot was heading opp way to their next destination.

I noticed most of the big rides been pulled on trailer but then behind that trailer would either be a caravan or pay booth. So in effect, 2 trailers to 1 unit.

Is this actually legal? Must be a ■■■■■ to reverse them.

Just made me wonder that is all

Yep, fairground regs.

Basically lets them do what they want.

Showman’s rules apply for circus and fairs etc. Was common to see 3 trailers at one time.
My nephew drives in Australia and often has 5 trailers when on livestock movements …

Many of the trailers are specials built by the fairground people to carry whatever the have in mind, and I think the prime movers are classed as “Locomotives”, which gives them the dispensation to pull more than one trailer.

In scandinavia its often the case to see two 40 footers in tow, only for internals though.

truckyboy:
In scandinavia its often the case to see two 40 footers in tow, only for internals though.

In France one tractor unit with two 20ft boxes is fairly common.
Sometimes its a 20 skelly with a hitch, pulling a dolly axle and a 2nd 20 skelly. Sometimes a 30 skelly with the box pushed forward a little and a 20` skelly imposed on a 5th wheel on the rear of the front trl.
Some parcels firms use them too, short box trls for town work by day, doubled up for night trunks.
The drivers tend to choose restaurants where they can drive in, and drive out again…

truckyboy:

We have super ‘B’s’ over here around ports but not on the public roads.

Years ago when the middle east boom was in full swing, several firms were doing internals, collecting boxes from the docks and delivering to final destination that could be anywhere.
Many of them engineered their own rigs for the job, usually a unit pulling a forty foot trailer, pulling a dolly with another forty foot trailer on.
A look through almost any book covering middle east operations shows this practice.