Van driver recording

Little back story to start things off, had a bad week or so at home. Don’t take work home with you and don’t take home to work etc, maybe from my arsey mood from trying to stop smoking. I gave in and bought some ■■■■ from garage on my way to work.

Set off down the a1 and for what ever reason I lit a ■■■ up in the cab. Weak will power got the better of me.
I know it’s illegal and don’t need an ear bashing off you lads to tell me. I shouldn’t have done it end of.

I pulled out to over take another vehicle, went round, came back inside as normal.
Another tanker was about 3 or 4 lengths in front so pulled back out and went round.

On pulling back in, a small white transit connect came passing but the driver was holding his phone and what to me looked like he was filming me.

It might have just been me thinking that. But he definatly had the phone in his left hand towards the passenger window looking up.
As soon as he passed my mind ran into over drive thinking he could send the footage if there was any to the office with me ■■■ in hand.

I know there are more and more people sending in footage of bad driving etc but off their dash cams not actually holding there phones.

It’s topped a dump of a week off!

so the bloke in the van was filming you with his mobile phone whilst driving? I’m sort of thinking that is a bigger crime than you having a ■■■ in the cab.

when you say you pulled out to overtake another tanker - you wern’t pullin petrol were you?

in any case cameras are not very good at picking up detail behind glass, he may have seen you holding a smoke but the chances are the camera didn’t.

I wouldn’t worry about it

Bluey Circles:
so the bloke in the van was filming you with his mobile phone whilst driving? I’m sort of thinking that is a bigger crime than you having a ■■■ in the cab.

when you say you pulled out to overtake another tanker - you wern’t pullin petrol were you?

in any case cameras are not very good at picking up detail behind glass, he may have seen you holding a smoke but the chances are the camera didn’t.

Well that’s what I thought. It just seemed odd he had the phone in his hand facing towards me.
I might be over thinking things.
No I’m not pulling petrol, I was empty on way to do a trailer swap.
Time will tell I guess so I will see what happens.

You’ll get no sympathy…

From me. You know you’ve done wrong so take it a like a man if the footage ends up in yer guvnor’s PC.

Dirty filthy smoker breaking the rules and stinking the cab out.

YUK!

I wouldn’t even give it a second thought. Nothing will come of it

The irony, “look at that driver breaking the law by smoking behind the wheel, I’ll film him on my phone whilst I overtake him”, its actually quite funny. I agree with bluey, would reckon its almost impossible for him to have seen you smoking :wink:

yourhavingalarf:
You’ll get no sympathy…

From me. You know you’ve done wrong so take it a like a man if the footage ends up in yer guvnor’s PC.

Dirty filthy smoker breaking the rules and stinking the cab out.

YUK!

Naughty boy…calm down and have another ■■■

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Love nothing more than an ignorant day man smoking in my truck all day when my bedding is in it. Can these ignorant ■■■■■ not pull in for 5 minutes? I suppose it’s easier just to be an ignorant ■■.

The ■■■ was a pen. Case closed.

Steve-o:
Love nothing more than an ignorant day man smoking in my truck all day when my bedding is in it. Can these ignorant [zb] not pull in for 5 minutes? I suppose it’s easier just to be an ignorant [zb].

I’m far from ignorant steve thank you. And the trucks don’t stay out over night. I’ve been in the same one for the past 3 days. The tramping lads have there own trucks. Which on occasions I have drove and being a smoker, I could smell they smoke in there also.
I don’t smoke in my own car so not too sure why I decided to light one up in the cab.
The cab will get cleaned when I finish as usual.

Do what i did ( if you cant give up buy one of those cheap e cigs, then ask the tm if its ok to use it in the cab…then if you get the ok…there you go…its a licence to smoke in the cab…i got reported by a fellow company driver, and the tm told him its ok, i gave him permission…ha ha

Loads smoke in our trucks at work, I vape in mine too. our firm doesn’t mind anyone smoking in the cabs so long as no ash is left in them. I would have thought smoking in a petrol tanker is a different ball game though. Surely that can’t be sensible?

UKtramp:
Loads smoke in our trucks at work, I vape in mine too. our firm doesn’t mind anyone smoking in the cabs so long as no ash is left in them. I would have thought smoking in a petrol tanker is a different ball game though. Surely that can’t be sensible?

I don’t drive tankers, I drive solid sided trailers. Not sure of the proper name for them [emoji848] but yes it would be stupid to smoke pulling one of them. I didn’t mean to confuse by saying ‘over took another tanker’

jamieh1990:

UKtramp:

I don’t drive tankers, I drive solid sided trailers. Not sure of the proper name for them [emoji848] but yes it would be stupid to smoke pulling one of them. I didn’t mean to confuse by saying ‘over took another tanker’

Oh well I wouldn’t give it another thought then in that case.

truckyboy:
Do what i did ( if you cant give up buy one of those cheap e cigs, then ask the tm if its ok to use it in the cab…then if you get the ok…there you go…its a licence to smoke in the cab…i got reported by a fellow company driver, and the tm told him its ok, i gave him permission…ha ha

fellow company driver,what an ■■■■■■■ for grassing,what is he a brown noser

UKtramp:

Whether or not you agree with it, smoking in a cab is illegal.
I have told my transport manager that if another driver smokes in my truck when I am on holiday then it’s not a problem. I will spend the whole day of my first day back cleaning it out instead of driving.
If that’s a problem then we can get H an S, vosa. Dept of employment and anyone else I can think of, involved and see what their opinion is about an employers duty of care.