Smoking while driving

anybody heard of anyone getting prosecuted lately? i know in my area 1 or 2 were in the paper when the law changed but in more recent times all i seem to see is openly smoking like the old days . saw a taxi driver smoking as he drove by me today ,surely he could lose his taxi licence? last week saw a motorbike cop throw down a ■■■ ■■■■ jus as he climbed on his bike . if id filmed that would he be in bother ? or would i have really regretted dobbing him in

corij:
anybody heard of anyone getting prosecuted lately? i know in my area 1 or 2 were in the paper when the law changed but in more recent times all i seem to see is openly smoking like the old days . saw a taxi driver smoking as he drove by me today ,surely he could lose his taxi licence? last week saw a motorbike cop throw down a ■■■ ■■■■ jus as he climbed on his bike . if id filmed that would he be in bother ? or would i have really regretted dobbing him in

I see loads of drivers going down the road like their in the flying scotsman with smoke coming out of the window and a ■■■ in their hand ,nobody gives a toss.

As long as you’re wearing full PPE it’s OK…bloke at an RDC told me :sunglasses:

Baggie:
As long as you’re wearing full PPE it’s OK…bloke at an RDC told me :sunglasses:

Really? Must be true then! :smiley:

And a sleeping bag in the cab!!

I only smoke on the vinegar stroke :wink:

corij:

Smoking a cig in a taxi, although illegal, it isnt some thing you could lose your licence over, its a £50 fine like any one else would get.

Have you ever smelt your hands after using a unit that get’s passed around. Make sure you wash them before you eat as they can stink of cigarette smoke because of holding the steering wheel. I always carry wipes with me.

who needs police…when we have trucknet

corij:

Littering maybe??

weeto:

corij:

Smoking a cig in a taxi, although illegal, it isnt some thing you could lose your licence over, its a £50 fine like any one else would get.

I think he means the drivers hackney/PH licence not driving licence.
I’m pretty sure they can suspend your Hackney/PH for smoking but it’s also something that will be dependant on your issuing authority and their own perticular set of rules.

[zb] vile. Scruffy turds that flick ■■■ ash on their kids head while pushing the push chair. If I ever decide I want to have ■■■■ skin, ■■■■ teeth, ■■■■ body odour, ■■■■ breath, and ■■■■ health, I’ll join the club, but until that time I’ll still question y they do it.

waynedl:

corij:

Littering maybe??

Littering definitely, it’s quite often in the paper round here that the council’s civil enforcement officer types have given out fines to people dropping cig butts.

Sister in law got done £80 for chucking a ■■■ end out of her car window…car at the side of her was one of TVPs unmarked RPUs

tell you what would be a good idea if they set up a hotline where you sent in vids of folk throwin down ■■■ butts or other petty offences . itd soon be snowed under with vids , but once they got the staff to handle it all, itd pay for itself in fine revenue in no time.

a few years ago,there was a govt hotline where you could report vehicles seen with excessive smoke from the exhaust -this was in the late 80s when car emission tests first came in

a good idea could be that if you sent enough vids in , you yourself could be excused from being done for speeding etc for a set period,say 6 months

I can understand smoking in the workplace is illegal, but surely when you are on break or rest, the cab is no longer a work place. Is smoking allowed then?

Clunk:
when you are on break or rest, the cab is no longer a work place. Is smoking allowed then?

Not if it’s a shared vehicle,

corij:
tell you what would be a good idea if they set up a hotline where you sent in vids of folk throwin down ■■■ butts or other petty offences . itd soon be snowed under with vids , but once they got the staff to handle it all, itd pay for itself in fine revenue in no time.

Sorry but I disagree, theres a culture of complainers emerging already in today’s society and the last thing I want is to worry about habitual moaners trying to justify their excistence by grassing up every minor non event to further stroke their self righteous self image.

That said I do get annoyed when I see a BMW / Audi driver chuck a crisp packet out the window but if I was really upset I would deal with it myself by running them off the road and killing them. They survive because I realise that some one is employed to pick this crap up, not to mention the hassle it is to dispose of bodies these days.

Don’t know about prosecuted but i know a bloke who lost a £38k 40 hour max week pukka job for the sake of a ciggie at the wheel.

Juddian:
Don’t know about prosecuted but i know a bloke who lost a £38k 40 hour max week pukka job for the sake of a ciggie at the wheel.

whats he doing now?