150 quid fine for chipping my fag

Ao this morning i stopped at the local services for a 30 min break as i was going to be close on my driving time. Ihad collected up all the debris from the night shift(coffee cup and sandwich wrapper etc) and was stood outside the cab smoking. I chipped out my cig and put it in the coffee cup walked over to the bin and threw the whole lot away. walking back to the cabi get approched by a “council worker” saying he saw me throw my dog end onthe ground and that was littering iexplained the above and was told no i saw you. I cant prove otherwise as i wasnt going to route through the bin to find it. so i have a 150 quid fine.

what really got my goat was the pair of them were stood in the car park however they were facing and watching the lorry park. I did ask what they were going to do with the revenue raised and they said it went to expencies of cleaning up lol

Sorry but…
I would have routed through the bin rather than get a £150 fine
If you’ve been sweating away working/driving all night and were going home that morning you would have had a shower would you not??
As for not being able to prove it i would have said “you prove it” to them especially as you have already said what you actually did.
£150 or smelling for a bit■■?..no contest

Jumped up little anchors doing their non jobs :imp:

i thought afterwards i should of made him come back to the lorry with me and show me where my dog end was. there were plenty of tailor mades but no roll ya own type

Did you tell them your name?

Lol local scallywags with a Hiviz on demanding £150. Have you got sucker wrote on your forehead?

Ask them for proof. As the onus is on them to prove you did it.
Don’t these people generally wear body cams these days. And if so they should have you on video doing it.
I don’t smoke but if a did I wouldn’t be paying it unless they show me a video of me clearly doing it

Did you throw the dog end away or was it just the ash?

Sploom:
Did you throw the dog end away or was it just the ash?

I chipped out my cig and put it in the coffee cup

I’m guessing this means he’s knocked the lit end of ash out onto the ground and put the ■■■ end in his coffee cup

You are innocent until proven guilty. Were there other ■■■ ends there? Looks like you are doing 2 days work for free.

Just a 2 word reply was needed, prove it !!

edd1974:
Ask them for proof. As the onus is on them to prove you did it.
Don’t these people generally wear body cams these days. And if so they should have you on video doing it.
I don’t smoke but if a did I wouldn’t be paying it unless they show me a video of me clearly doing it

my mate got fined in Llandudno a few years ago, He had no excuse because the officer had a camera on his jacket. And in all fairness he did leave his tab end on the pavement ,

You don’t have to give them any information and as above they have to prove it, not you!!

And if you did throw it on the floor and then pick it up after being approached, they can’t fine you!!

largebloke1969:

Followed by another 2 words. :smiling_imp:

largebloke1969:

Not the first 2 words that come to mind :laughing:

alamcculloch:
You are innocent until proven guilty. Were there other ■■■ ends there? Looks like you are doing 2 days work for free.

2 days to earn £150? [emoji33]

I’m in Portugal atm, and they’re having a big problem with wildfires, and the fine for throwing a ■■■ out the window makes £150 look insignificant. According to the tv news one guy has been hauled away to jail

ok having slept on it I have decided that i will ring the council and see what they say. I have a printed ticket with a reference number on so i will call and make sure its valid before i pay anything and see what the appeals process is. He did have a body cam on so as someone said there will be video proof

I don’t know how you afford it , last time I got ■■■■ for auntie I think it was well over £100 for them , my mrs popped down shop recently for her & didn’t get many & there was only £40 change out of £100 cash

let this be a lesson to you , dont smoke , how much is it now about £10 for a packet of ■■■■ ? , fool .

gingo:
let this be a lesson to you , dont smoke , how much is it now about £10 for a packet of ■■■■ ? , fool .

And the rest. Was about £11 when I stopped four years ago.