150 quid fine for chipping my fag

cooper1203:
ok having slept on it I have decided that i will ring the council and see what they say. I have a printed ticket with a reference number on so i will call and make sure its valid before i pay anything and see what the appeals process is. He did have a body cam on so as someone said there will be video proof

I would definitely challenge it and follow the procedures. Be clear that you are willing to follow the procedures up to and including going to court. Missing any key dates will mean that effectively you will need to pay. At least someone may review the video and see if you can clearly be seen dropping the cigarette end.

You may be able to request the video under a Subject Access Request if they are not willing to voluntarily share it with you.

You may also be able to request the Council policy on giving offenders the chance to pick up the litter before issuing a FPN (Freedom of Information). If this procedure wasn’t followed, ask why.

If you are so inclined you could also submit a Freedom of Information request for all sorts of statistical information of your pleasing, such as how many FPNs have been issued in the last few years, number for cigarette ends etc. How many have been challenged and successfully quashed before court. How many went to court and the percentage quashed at that stage.

gingo:
let this be a lesson to you , dont smoke , how much is it now about £10 for a packet of ■■■■ ? , fool .

a dang sight less per cig than per bottle/can of beer.

costs me 27 quid for a 2oz(50g) packet of bakki (holborn yellow) at my local morrisons i get at least 100 ■■■■ out of one pouch i know this because it comes with 100 papers and i usually run out before i finish the bakki. 27/100 = .27 or 27 pence per smoke. no idea what the tax is on that however the same bakki costs 11 quid in belgium.

just looked on morrisons 20 bottles of budwisser 14 quid = 70 pence a bottle. again no idea on the tax but i susspect its a lot less than on bakki. However i can have aprox 2.5 ■■■■ to 1 bottle of beer whos the fool?

cooper1203:

gingo:
let this be a lesson to you , dont smoke , how much is it now about £10 for a packet of ■■■■ ? , fool .

costs me 27 quid for a 2oz(50g) packet of bakki (holborn yellow) at my local morrisons i get at least 100 ■■■■ out of one pouch i know this because it comes with 100 papers and i usually run out before i finish the bakki. 27/100 = .27 or 27 pence per smoke. no idea what the tax is on that however the same bakki costs 11 quid in belgium.

just looked on morrisons 20 bottles of budwisser 14 quid = 70 pence a bottle. again no idea on the tax but i susspect its a lot less than on bakki. However i can have aprox 2.5 ■■■■ to 1 bottle of beer whos the fool?

You for smoking

cooper1203:

gingo:

I personally could not give a ■■■■ whether you smoke or not.
Can’t see the relavance of that point of yours tbh mate…
I like a drink now and again but it’s like me saying …if I went ice skating or crown green bowling (never done either btw) it would maybe be a cheaper entry fee than a Sunday afternoon session watching the football.
Get my point?

Slightly different in this case as your were in a vehicle, and therefore traceable to an extent. But there’s been stories in the news about people dropping shreddings from things like pasties and sausage rolls and being fined. What powers do these workers actually have, as I was under the impression the only person you have legal obligation to give your details to is a police officer (and I belive that’s only if they can tell you what you are suspected of).

robroy:

cooper1203:

gingo:

I personally could not give a [zb] whether you smoke or not.
I like a drink now and again but it’s like me saying …if I went ice skating or crown green bowling (never done either btw) it would maybe be a cheaper entry fee than a Sunday afternoon session watching the football.
Get my point?

sorrt i see what your saying and your right. its one of my pet issues that i get told im wasting my money and how much it costs as they sit there drinking.

Firstly pick said litter up and put it in the bin case closed walk off

Secondly don’t converse with these nazis they work for private organisations and are here for profit and pick on people they can bully

Watch the greats like auditing britian he has put these goons in there place

cooper1203:

robroy:

cooper1203:

gingo:

I personally could not give a [zb] whether you smoke or not.
Get my point?

sorrt i see what your saying and your right. its one of my pet issues that i get told im wasting my money and how much it costs as they sit there drinking.

If you enjoy it mate, crack on, it does not matter a jot what other people who have no bearing on your life think/say I reckon. :smiley:

largebloke1969:
Just a 2 word reply was needed, prove it !!

2 word reply…never happened,this forum is getting dire these days