Can you quit a job after 4 months on good terms?

Just looking to see what other people’s opinions are on the subject. I’ve been at this job now for about 4 months and the people there are great the office staff talk to me with respect and 90% of the other drivers are pleasant enough, the problem is the job just isn’t for me and I’m really looking for another job elsewhere but I just can’t help but feel a bit guilty handing in my notice so soon. Has anyone else quit a job after such a short period of time on good terms?

Yep as you’re being honest and had the balls to admit job isn’t for you , better letting some one who will like the job have a chance than making yourself miserable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So long as you give proper notice, working it normally, and explain why (at this point in your life) ‘‘the job just isn’t for you but thankyou very much’’, you should be able to leave on good terms and, cos you never know, if at some point you need the job again there may well be the offer to ‘come back and see us if what you do next doesn’t work out’.

I got a job once in the 80’s that was utter crap, after about the same period i put me notice in, no one in the office spoke to me after that moment, not as it mattered but you have to wonder how childish some people can be :unamused:, oh and when i jacked in the transporters they too were really off with me…hmm maybe its me :open_mouth:

Not a problem, sometimes it just doesn’t work out.

I quit Tufnells after about 4 months. They wanted me to take a wag n drag out, do 40+ drops in derby per day. I put in my notice that I had decided that multi drop wasn’t for me, thanked them very much for employing me and that was it. My reference must come back ok because I’ve not had a problem finding work since.

I’ll have to change the name of my referee though, I was working at Upton steel last week and my old tm from tuffnells was driving a fork lift there. Guess he had enough too.

Just say Thanks very much for giving you the chance, but after careful consideration you’ve decided it aint for you (after giving them more than adequate notice) and I can not see what the problem would be tbh mate.

depends ! I packed in one I had for 20 + yrs and you would have thought I had ****** the bosses mother , huffy bunch o :bulb: :question: thank heavens for my depot boss (old school) gave me a glowing reference .

Not as short as yourself mate but can’t see it being a problem provided you work your notice period out that is stated in your employment contract.

The last job I left I gave the tm a heads up that my potential future employer would be in touch with him soon for a reference and I intended the leave on x date, so not to drop him in the ■■■■ he may need to source another driver to replace me by x date before I put my notice in writing. I only had to give him a week notice so didn’t want to screw him over.

He shook my hand, thanked me for giving him the heads up so he has the extra notice to find a replacement and if I was to change my mind I could always have my job back.

If your right with them, they should be right with you. But as explained in the earlier posts some bosses aren’t always as grown up as what my last boss was.

Posted on wrong thread. :blush: …hence screenshot.

Baldy91:
Just looking to see what other people’s opinions are on the subject. I’ve been at this job now for about 4 months and the people there are great the office staff talk to me with respect and 90% of the other drivers are pleasant enough, the problem is the job just isn’t for me and I’m really looking for another job elsewhere but I just can’t help but feel a bit guilty handing in my notice so soon. Has anyone else quit a job after such a short period of time on good terms?

Always leave a job on good terms. You never know when you might meet them again. First thing my first manager told me.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk