Wincanton & Downtons

Been seeing a lot of Downton units pulling Wincanton trailers & vice versa recently around the North West. Have these two merged or gone into partnership with something?

rob22888:
Been seeing a lot of Downton units pulling Wincanton trailers & vice versa recently around the North West. Have these two merged or gone into partnership with something?

Wincanton got the britvic contract from stobart.And Downton are doing it with them…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

daftvader:

rob22888:

Wincanton got the britvic contract from stobart.And Downton are doing it with them…

Downton are not doing the britvic contract with them, they are mearly a subbie doing the odd load for them.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Tapatalk
[/quote]
Downton are not doing the britvic contract with them, they are mearly a subbie doing the odd load for them.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4
[/quote]
Think it’s a lot more than the odd load. ■■■■ loads of downtons pulling wincanton trailers from what I’ve seen in the M62 on a night.

All the big firms are at it in ireland, you scratch my back I’ll scratch yours

Seen a few Downtons trailers being pulled by Keedwells down Bristol eay.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

lizard:

daftvader:

rob22888:

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

I suppose doing around 10 loads a day is the odd one now and again…

El Deano:

They have been swapping trailers for a long time. I have only seen a couple of Wincanton units with Downton trailers though.

daftvader:

lizard:

daftvader:

rob22888:

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

I suppose doing around 10 loads a day is the odd one now and again…

Who said now and again. I said the odd load. So do see doing 10 loads a day as Wincanton and Downton are doing it together? If you knew the britvic contract, you’d know that 1 particular haulier has the main stay in britvic and everything else is subbed out which includes Downtons and a couple of others.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Both Downton and Keedwell have a 50% stake in a company called Avon Distribution Ltd

Gardner6LYT:
Both Downton and Keedwell have a 50% stake in a company called Avon Distribution Ltd

Here you go

beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp … 9/officers

Can someone tell me how many loads per day Wincanton gained at Stobart’s expense,on the press release from Britvic they said 100.000 annual deliveries would be undertaken on the contract.

Number is probably right on Britvic, Stobarts did alot of Britvic work, every yard you went to, whether it was Beckton, Lutterworth or Leeds (the ones I went in) was full of Stobart trailers. Stobarts did alot of deliveries and also inter-depot work too (Leeds-Rugby etc)

What are the Downton’s units running at 56…?

mrginge:

El Deano:

They have been swapping trailers for a long time. I have only seen a couple of Wincanton units with Downton trailers though.

A few of the contracts use pool trailers i.e. Accolade.
Gregory’s do it Exel do it ( TK Max doing Boots work etc )

SouthEastCashew:
What are the Downton’s units running at 56…?

Yeah.Run at 56…Apart from some of the Mercs…

I was in Britvic Norwich today…I know what I saw, I was subbing for Wincanton. :wink:

lizard:

daftvader:

rob22888:

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

thats because wincanton cannot keep there drivers, they tend to chuck any idiot in the transport office with no idea trying to tell drivers there jobs.

Downton’s are struggling for drivers too. An agency in Warrington offered me a fortnights work in July for them.

It took me an hour to stop laughing and I wet myself.

eagerbeaver:
Downton’s are struggling for drivers too. An agency in Warrington offered me a fortnights work in July for them.

It took me an hour to stop laughing and I wet myself.

Is it because they pay crap wages and treat you like crap, like most haulage firms seem to do now. Hence the so called drivers shortage.