Britvic contract

Is that still in the hands of wincanton . Ta

Yes they’re recruiting for it at the minute

Where abouts in the country are they based? Not seen a wincanton depot Dozy’s end of the country (which is roughly mine too).

My mate works for them running out of Magna Park and they are currently recruiting for drivers

Pity, just a tad far for daily commute. Quite well sorted for Dozy. There is a stobbies there incase he wanted to track more trucks.

I doubt anyone would want to track a load of soft drinks around the country

dozy:
Is that still in the hands of wincanton . Ta

I did hear your lot had got 20% of it back.As wincanton are struggling with it a bit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Britvic Leeds is done by downtons I think, not wincanton in there

trevHCS:
Where abouts in the country are they based? Not seen a wincanton depot Dozy’s end of the country (which is roughly mine too).

the question was more about something I was told than a job ( too far for me ) , but britvic for me was always a good fri , trunk from becton - lutterworth , load to co- op Leicester then 45 mins back to depot , I did go in other fri ( lutterworth ) and picked up load and straight back :smiley: and bloke on counter said there’s more of you than wicanton so I wondered what was going on , sounds like 20 % back .
I’m of to brakes , I’ve applied no end of times , then not gone , but it’s 5 mins from house and it’s days / nights ( ive had my fill of nights out ) , hopefully shorter shifts , like the Mrs said its time to do the things normal people do , though I’m thinking more pub every night than romantic walks holding hands :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: women

Was working for Britwick /Wincanton some week.May be about 50 percent of job do Subbies-Downton,Bartrums and more.For drivers shot job.Most shift about 8-10 hours.Wincanton can t do good and I think he will use more and more subbed.Because they don t have return load.Most truck back empty from Scotland,Nort West,South West.All collection come just from Leeds,Norwich,London and Rugby.

Andrejs:
Was working for Britwick /Wincanton some week.May be about 50 percent of job do Subbies-Downton,Bartrums and more.For drivers shot job.Most shift about 8-10 hours.Wincanton can t do good and I think he will use more and more subbed.Because they don t have return load.Most truck back empty from Scotland,Nort West,South West.All collection come just from Leeds,Norwich,London and Rugby.

8-10 hr shifts , if only :exclamation:

Andrejs:

Did hear the Norwich one is closing in 2019.With it all going to Leeds and Lutterworth.Thing is with those kind of jobs.It does’nt really matter if they run back empty i suppose.As its not a mileage based contract.It will more than likey be 10/20 million pound or whatever figure over the 5 year period.

daftvader:

Andrejs:

Did hear the Norwich one is closing in 2019.With it all going to Leeds and Lutterworth.Thing is with those kind of jobs.It does’nt really matter if they run back empty i suppose.As its not a mileage based contract.It will more than likey be 10/20 million pound or whatever figure over the 5 year period.

but subbies will do more cheap because they have less empty miles.For this reason Downton ready grab plenty job.Also they drop own trailers there and care on with Wincanton trailers.

Wincanton offer contract for drivers 4 on 4 off and pay about 1700 per month.

Andrejs:

daftvader:

Andrejs:

but subbies will do more cheap because they have less empty miles.For this reason Downton ready grab plenty job.Also they drop own trailers there and care on with Wincanton trailers.

Well they cant do it cheaper.As its wincantons contract.So they will do it for whatever the rate wincanton sets it at.Of course they will backload from some places i guess

dozy:

trevHCS:

the question was more about something I was told than a job ( too far for me ) , but britvic for me was always a good fri , trunk from becton - lutterworth , load to co- op Leicester then 45 mins back to depot , I did go in other fri ( lutterworth ) and picked up load and straight back :smiley: and bloke on counter said there’s more of you than wicanton so I wondered what was going on , sounds like 20 % back .
I’m of to brakes , I’ve applied no end of times , then not gone , but it’s 5 mins from house and it’s days / nights ( ive had my fill of nights out ) , hopefully shorter shifts , like the Mrs said its time to do the things normal people do , though I’m thinking more pub every night than romantic walks holding hands :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: women

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

daftvader:

Andrejs:

daftvader:

Andrejs:

Well they cant do it cheaper.As its wincantons contract.So they will do it for whatever the rate wincanton sets it at.Of course they will backload from some places i guess

For Wincanton more profitable give job to subbed that do this job by own truck.Plenty truck will happy takes load from Magna park because they make delivery to there bear.20 years main subbisubbies was Stobart for this job.But now Downton ,Bartrums and co.But Downton pay for drivers less that Stobart.

I heard from Stobart managers who Stobart was happy with Britwick contract and price.He get profit from this job but just at “paper”.all profit go after for penalty for later delivery or damages.For this reason Stobart was without interes carry on do this job.

the nodding donkey:

dozy:

trevHCS:

You’re like that dog ■■■■ you get on the soles of your shoes , however hard you try you can’t get rid of it

Andrejs:
I heard from Stobart managers who Stobart was happy with Britwick contract and price.He get profit from this job but just at “paper”.all profit go after for penalty for later delivery or damages.For this reason Stobart was without interes carry on do this job.

Late delivery is planners , it’s just laughable the times they put on jobs , though when it’s b& q and a £200 fine for being late they manage to get the truck there on time :unamused: