Britvic contract

dozy:

Andrejs:
I heard from Stobart managers who Stobart was happy with Britwick contract and price.He get profit from this job but just at “paper”.all profit go after for penalty for later delivery or damages.For this reason Stobart was without interes carry on do this job.

Late delivery is planners , it’s just laughable the times they put on jobs , though when it’s b& q and a £200 fine for being late they manage to get the truck there on time :unamused:

50/50.If Wincanton do now just delivery and back empty or full that planets can make planing good.But Stobart do 3-4 delivery per day.If one delivery at Rdc takes long time that all next will be later.But Wincanton drivers work less hours but takes home just 1700 per month.I think no so much drivers will happy leave Stobart And go work for 400 per week or less.Not all drivers like long hours but if work 40 hours per week that money will be more worse.

Andrejs:

dozy:

Andrejs:
I heard from Stobart managers who Stobart was happy with Britwick contract and price.He get profit from this job but just at “paper”.all profit go after for penalty for later delivery or damages.For this reason Stobart was without interes carry on do this job.

Late delivery is planners , it’s just laughable the times they put on jobs , though when it’s b& q and a £200 fine for being late they manage to get the truck there on time :unamused:

50/50.If Wincanton do now just delivery and back empty or full that planets can make planing good.But Stobart do 3-4 delivery per day.If one delivery at Rdc takes long time that all next will be later.But Wincanton drivers work less hours but takes home just 1700 per month.I think no so much drivers will happy leave Stobart And go work for 400 per week or less.Not all drivers like long hours but if work 40 hours per week that money will be more worse.

Britvic job for win canton would suit me down to the ground , money’s unimportant these days , we’ve got plenty to live ok , I want more time at home , but I do understand a lot of drivers are gready and hate the thought they’d missed a hour / or lost a pound
Guess it’s where your priorities lie

I like 10-12 hours shift.Not big fun do 8 or 15 hours shift.But I never refused any big or short job if required.Amd I don t cure if work just 50 hours per week.

i heard stobarts have got it back…

PPH:

Think we’ve got the trunking back , I’ve got becton to sains charlton tomorrow :wink:

It is may forever or for next few week.Because Christmas time.

PPH:

If Wincanton get now own some 60 unit andtrailers that whole contract not back as soon.And all depend how Downton happy do this job.

Andrejs:

PPH:

If Wincanton get now own some 60 unit andtrailers that whole contract not back as soon.And all depend how Downton happy do this job.

Happy is as happy does.

Thank you please.

dozy:

the nodding donkey:

dozy:

trevHCS:
Where abouts in the country are they based? Not seen a wincanton depot Dozy’s end of the country (which is roughly mine too).

the question was more about something I was told than a job ( too far for me ) , but britvic for me was always a good fri , trunk from becton - lutterworth , load to co- op Leicester then 45 mins back to depot , I did go in other fri ( lutterworth ) and picked up load and straight back :smiley: and bloke on counter said there’s more of you than wicanton so I wondered what was going on , sounds like 20 % back .
I’m of to brakes , I’ve applied no end of times , then not gone , but it’s 5 mins from house and it’s days / nights ( ive had my fill of nights out ) , hopefully shorter shifts , like the Mrs said its time to do the things normal people do , though I’m thinking more pub every night than romantic walks holding hands :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: women

You’re like that dog [zb] you get on the soles of your shoes , however hard you try you can’t get rid of it

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

dozy:

Andrejs:

dozy:

Andrejs:

Britvic job for win canton would suit me down to the ground , money’s unimportant these days , we’ve got plenty to live ok , I want more time at home , but I do understand a lot of drivers are gready and hate the thought they’d missed a hour / or lost a pound
Guess it’s where your priorities lie

Oh please, enough of the bull shine. You have so many options to work less, even where you are working now, but the real problem is that you are a spineless yes man, scared of change.

Try 4 on-4off. You get so much time off, you wonder what to do with it. But only if you can drop £100+ a week. And don’t mind sharing trucks… ahh I see your problem.

At one time,I maybe wrong and stand corrected, it was Wincanton and James Irlam that had the contract, Stobart took over Irlam as there was a family connection somewhere along the line, that`s how Stobart got a foot in the door.

Interesting fact when you mention James Islam,they were a 100% DAF fleet,as far as I know Stobart does not run any DAF’s.I wonder why?

Gardner6LYT:
Interesting fact when you mention James Islam,they were a 100% DAF fleet,as far as I know Stobart does not run any DAF’s.I wonder why?

Ws do and I’ve also seen a explore daf

Gardner6LYT:

the co op dafs have stobart fleet numbers

Gardner6LYT:

They have 2 daf units to support the superbike team tyco and also the coop units as someone else has mentioned.

I seem to be doing a lot of inter depot trunking for sainsburys , crick , dart ford , haydock , Worcester etc , nice steady number, assume it’s just xmas work