CM DOWNTON

Just wondered if anyone knows what cm downton are like to work for.

Usually need more information such as which depot, days, nights or tramping etc.

Tramping Runcorn depot

Just for fun, who’s got that video of the Downton’s truck doing a low-speed rollover? :wink:

EDIT Never mind, found it now. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve never drove for them but did a tri change at gloss depot for years
And you couldn’t find a more helpful
Bunch , went in other day to collect a load and nothing’s changed
Very , very helpful
When we move back to Bristol I’d be
Delighted to work for them or Owens

I’ve never drove for them but did a tri change at gloss depot for years
And you couldn’t find a more helpful
Bunch , went in other day to collect a load and nothing’s changed
Very , very helpful
When we move back to Bristol I’d be
Delighted to work for them or Owens

Railroad 666:
Tramping Runcorn depot

Never had the pleasure myself, but I know a few who have. Revolving door apparently, a driver just started at our place and he walked out after a month and he’d only just passed his test.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

A mate has worked out of Tilbury for a couple of years. Good days bad days. Objects to being paid the same as the muppets. Kits reasonable. Works OK. Depots tend to be as individual units so not really tramping but out all week. Make of it what you will.

Suppose I will give my advice on this outfit as I always do when someone asks.
This firm nearly gave me a nervous breakdown,
Backstabbing drivers and office staff,and I mean really bad.
Driver trainers so far up there own backside it’s unreal,
Pay was shocking and an hour a day docked for dinner but the hero’s still tip on break.
Very high turnover of drivers at Runcorn,ok if ya face fits,I worked at Leeds and manager is spot on but rest of them are the worst bunch iv ever worked with…
Decided I was leaving when after a week away I met the wife in the pub on way home Saturday lunchtime and fell asleep within an ten minutes of sitting down,
Sunday nights I used to dread as I knew I was in for another miserable week.
Driving scrutinised by some p rick with no idea telling you when to brake etc.
Plus points trucks were well maintained,that’s it.

yorkshire terrier:
Pay was shocking and an hour a day docked for dinner but the hero’s still tip on break.
Very high turnover of drivers at Runcorn,ok if ya face fits,I worked at Leeds and manager is spot on but rest of them are the worst bunch iv ever worked with…
Decided I was leaving when after a week away I met the wife in the pub on way home Saturday lunchtime and fell asleep within an ten minutes of sitting down,

Leeds depot don’t do background checks. Set on 2 convicted paedos within a fortnight of each other

ArcticMonkey:

yorkshire terrier:

Leeds depot don’t do background checks. Set on 2 convicted paedos within a fortnight of each other

Christ that must of been after my time,
Bloke who sets drivers on is a nob anyway

Yes it was only within the last year or so

And some on here think that not being allowed to bring your kids to work is ruining the future of this industry. Wonder how that might have panned out.

Railroad 666:
Tramping Runcorn depot

They used to have a very disliked planner who worked there.

Who now I believe works in the rail industry…

Hello Ben, a bit bored are we? :unamused:

ArcticMonkey:

Do you work there at Leeds■■?

yorkshire terrier:

ArcticMonkey:

No but i am from that area and saw one of the paedos in Asda with Downtons gear on about 6 months ago. I grew up with him in Batley.
Where i work now we have 3 ex Downtons employees. They lost a big contract recently.

I went there yesterday for interview and was offered the job, to start on Monday, my CPC runs out July 2020 they said they can do one unit for me but I would have to get the rest done myself, is this fair or should they put me through for them.

Dunno…

About what’s fair or not, only you can judge that by your own standards.

If they have any faith in you and they believe in their employees, they’d set you up for the whole Dcpc course.

It’s been alluded to earlier that this company has a high turn over of drivers.

In the meantime, take what’s offered and earn some wedge.

Railroad 666:
I went there yesterday for interview and was offered the job, to start on Monday, my CPC runs out July 2020 they said they can do one unit for me but I would have to get the rest done myself, is this fair or should they put me through for them.

Sounds like they are offering 1 session a year, which is perfectly fair.

ArcticMonkey:

yorkshire terrier:

ArcticMonkey:

No but i am from that area and saw one of the paedos in Asda with Downtons gear on about 6 months ago. I grew up with him in Batley.
Where i work now we have 3 ex Downtons employees. They lost a big contract recently.

Jesus,that’s shocking…
Believe it or not there was once a waiting list for jobs there when it first opened