Do American Trucks work well on uk roads

After a hart attack i was unemployed for a long time, nobody wants a 41 year old whom had a hart attack at the wheel so i considered after an inhertance i had and watching the Shipping wars uk serious to get my class 2 licience back then do my class 1 and buy an American cab, doing various van agency jobs i asked owner drivers about them…

most say they dont well on uk roads as thier too wide, is that true?

got full time job now, still not got back my class 2, but in no rush.

It appears that I’m not allowed to play, so I won’t post an amusing photo.

Good luck doing agency van jobs with an 18 wheeler good buddy.

got a job and if you read it properly was saying about shipping wars thing so i’d be starting my own business. i did agency work to keep her indoors off my back but i did agency work self employed, get more money that way but have to handle own taxes

Excalibus:
got a job and if you read it properly was saying about shipping wars thing so i’d be starting my own business. i did agency work to keep her indoors off my back but i did agency work self employed, get more money that way but have to handle own taxes

Barrel, meet fish…

lol wat a muppet :laughing:

In answer to your original question … how many do you see on our roads ■■ There’s yer answer, but not sure a seasoned UK trucker as you say you are would even ask that question in the first place !! (makes me wonder ■■?)

I got a Renault Trafic with 7 usb ports fitted for your toys you can buy off me for Anyvan, Shiply etc etc if you decide to go down the van owner route !! :laughing:

the CPC exam weeds those out daft enough to embark on such an adventure - in any case how could it possibly work, the american ton is only 909 kg

Surely it all depends on the definition of ‘van’ and ‘cab’.You’re going to look a bit silly turning up to haul a load for a Sprinter with a Classic Pete conventional tractor unit.Although you might be able to fit it all in the sleeper.The downside is you won’t want any jobs involving nights out and the fuel bill will probably be a deal breaker in that case. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

Excalibus:
After a hart attack i was unemployed for a long time, nobody wants a 41 year old whom had a hart attack at the wheel so i considered after an inhertance i had and watching the Shipping wars uk serious to get my class 2 licience back then do my class 1 and buy an American cab, doing various van agency jobs i asked owner drivers about them…

Shipping wars is a TV programme, it bears very little similarity to real life. I saw about ten minutes of one episode and was left wondering how the hell they paid their bills!

As far as self employed on agency goes, there are a million threads on this board, I’ll not turn this into the million and first!!

I’m more docker than doctor, but if you’ve had a heart attack in your thirties, are you sure there isn’t an underlying issue that would prevent you getting your license back?

US trucks don’t work on UK roads, they’re just too big.

Dozy has some serious competition !

Twoninety88:
Dozy has some serious competition !

Or does he have yet another account :wink:

OVLOV JAY:
Or does he have yet another account :wink:

Ding ding ding ding…

We have a winner!

You’d get a couple of parcels under the caravan bunk.
Job sorted…you’re welcome. :sunglasses:

big-truck.jpg

Excalibus:

Yeah, that’d be great. Take the 5th wheel off and put a box body on, with a tail lift so you could do pallets too.
Their superb ergonomics and manoeuvrability make them well suited to city or town delivery work.

We ran Macks from the uk to the middle east, i`m sure the roads are a lot better in the uk now…anyway, i think there are some restrictions on american rigs…i know you use to have to change the tyres, rims, brakes airlines etc…would have to speak with vosa about that…but there are some yanks around on uk roads, one i know is doing conatiner work…the fuel for a ■■■■■■■ aint too bad which most yanks have, the sleeper is a bonus, if your gonna use it to its full capacity…failing that, get a giant sleeper, and show it at truck shows…and pose with it at other times… :smiley: :smiley:

I’m in Australia as most know, there are loads of freightliners, kenworth mac etc. there no different to European trucks in fact a top spec nerd is bigger than a kenworth. Without a nose.

Would love to export some to the UK.

Dozy, alt!! Never.

I remember a lot of Whites and Macks being used over here in the 80s, and Internationals a bit earlier (a lot of ‘conventionals’ as the Yanks call them…bonneted)

Isn’t there a place on A21 heading towards Hastings that has got several American trucks they use as recovery wagons

whata bout this yoke ?