I think it's con

I saw this, I think it smells a bit, but if anyone is interested have a go.

C+E (Heavy Goods, Articulated Vehicle - Class 1)

£1000 per week guaranteed paye

£1200 per week guaranteed umbrella or ltd co

Salary above includes all personal costs eg accommodation if required and initial travel to site

Immediate starts

Must be assessed and available for work commencing 2nd July and be inclusively available until 15th July.

Must be flexible to do maximum weekly hours, either days, nights and overnights.

Requirements:

C+E category licence is essential as is full CPC and drivers digital card.
Held licence for minimum 6 months with 60 days experience driving HGV.
Maximum 6 endorsement points on licence for insurance purposes.
Call immediately 01236 702007

Company Details

Ten Live is a multi-award winning global recruitment and resource management company with many years’ experience. With its roots in Scotland being one of the Top 90 Companies in Scotland, Ten Live operates across the United Kingdom, US, Middle East, Asia, Africa and Australia Pacific.

An important service that we offer to our clients is a one-stop integrated Resource Management service which incorporates recruitment, management, and performance/needs analysis of clients’ permanent and contract staff requirements, including visa, relocation, training and other related bespoke assistance as required in the in Energy, Telecoms and Logistics markets.

We offer this service through the Ten Live Quality Management System which has combined our 60 years + experience in the industry, our partnerships with industry bodies and regulators and a customer-centric quality management and continuous improvement system adhering to ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 quality assurance standards being accredited to Achilles and REC.

No longer do you need to rely on separate suppliers for recruitment, payroll & invoicing, training and other resource and recruitment services. Ten Live can offer all of this, and more.

Our unique process offers both employers and jobs seekers a high degree of certainty in sourcing the right person for the right role.

We are an equal opportunities organisation. Calls may be recorded for training purposes.

Reference: Totaljobs/C+E £1000pw or £1200 pw
Job ID: 74559622

If the ad contains “Six points OK” then the apparently large wages on offer - is most likely “misleading” at best, an outright con at worst.

The £1000 per week will likely be for a sixty hour week that includes bank holiday/weekend/night rates. That means the average hourly rate for ALL hours worked is about £15ph. Nothing to write home about when most drivers on here will be looking at £18ph+ for working sundays and Bank Holidays alone - right? :sunglasses: Of course, you cannot legally work every week 60 hours anyways. Plenty of agencies could offer you £1000pw for the run-up to Christmas too - but it’ll be £0 for the month of January. :wink:

A more “straight” way to play it would be "Driver Wanted. 48 hour working week max. Salary £52,000. 26 days holiday per year. Domestic Nights, International Tramping, Early Doors Multidrops, choice of start times, shifts 10-12 hours in length - all available.
Driver must have a clean licence, be aged 25 and over, and have at least the last 2 years as continuous LGV driving experience - NO gaps.

Where are those adverts at? :confused:

Employers can hardly expect more from their drivers - unless they ask for such - and be prepared to pay the going rate for that. :bulb:

Yes it’s a con.
The £1000 per week is a print error that’s actually what they will be charging the company for you,you’ll see less than half of that

Probably looking for drivers to work for gist. Berry season just about to get into full swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:smiley:

Winseer:
If the ad contains

A more “straight” way to play it would be "Driver Wanted. 48 hour working week max. Salary £52,000. 26 days holiday per year. Domestic Nights, International Tramping, Early Doors Multidrops, choice of start times, shifts 10-12 hours in length - all available.
Driver must have a clean licence, be aged 25 and over, and have at least the last 2 years as continuous LGV driving experience - NO gaps.:
[/quote]
Were do I sign, for the above perfect job, as long as no weekends.

The job is only for 2 weeks, so maybe it is that pay, as it doesnt look like there is any work after the finish date!

biggriffin:
:smiley:

Winseer:
If the ad contains

Driver must have a clean licence, be aged 25 and over, and have at least the last 2 years as continuous LGV driving experience - NO gaps.:
[/quote]
Were do I sign, for the above perfect job, as long as no weekends.
[/quote]
That’s just it - you only get that apparently high rate overall - because each and every week you work includes the entire weekends and is permanent nights as well. :open_mouth:
You’re right though - I’m up for that! Now it’s just a question of finding that ellusive advert that has the opening pitch “clean licence and experience required” instead of “any old halfway house desperado will do”. :unamused:

I gave them a ring out of curiosity, From Bellshill to Wimbledon carrying strawberries days. the “Accommodation” is the truck cab, or you can pay, out of your £1,000, for B&B.

Oh its for the Wimbledon Luvvies…thought it was collecting parcels from a scruffy looking man in a raincoat, and delivering them to another scruffy looking man in an identical raincoat…ha ha in other words, a drugs mule,lol

Blunder Man:
I gave them a ring out of curiosity, From Bellshill to Wimbledon carrying strawberries days. the “Accommodation” is the truck cab, or you can pay, out of your £1,000, for B&B.

Nice little earner for 2weeks on PAYE. BUT, if you do it as a limited company for £1200 do you have to pay the fuel costs out of that?

Castillidie:

Blunder Man:

Nice little earner for 2weeks on PAYE. BUT, if you do it as a limited company for £1200 do you have to pay the fuel costs out of that?

What’s the betting that although the job is advertised as PAYE and Self Employed, by the time you get there - you’ll be told "We’re actually only looking at taking on SE from now on, and we only do that via our umbrella…" :roll:

Winseer:
What’s the betting that although the job is advertised as PAYE and Self Employed, by the time you get there - you’ll be told "We’re actually only looking at taking on SE from now on, and we only do that via our umbrella…" :roll:

Youd lose that bet

for Wimbledon fortnight well worth doing. I recall before on here a job doing 1k a week for something. …

Might suit Boris Becker, he could probably do with a few extra quid.

Maybe watch a bit of the tennis too, remind him of the better times…

I had a chance to work in Kuwait earning good tax free money as a hgv1 driver,it had all the benefits but one drew me to it,death in employment benefit,when I looked into it I would be driving from the ports to American and british bases on re supply work,i thought no thank you,never followed it up

The-Snowman:

Winseer:

Youd lose that bet

Who loses? The punter or the bookmaker though?

Bookmakers make the bulk of their “easy profits” from pricing what seems like a likely event up that is actually never going to happen. Take a fortune on it, and bob’s your uncle.

Punters make their best profits from those increasingly rare situations where bookmakers price up a black swan event at the wrong too-generous price. I got 40-1 on Labour winning 250-299 seats in the recent general election for example… That price didn’t last long, and I only had a tenner on - but think: “Labour winning a mere 21 seats to win” was actually an easy proposition - once you ignore this notion that “Labour are going to lose dozens of seats because of Corbyn” - a flawed view of course…
Fill your boots and win - but hardly anyone will of course. Why? - Because those who realize that the unlikely event has a good chance of happening - are not typically the type of person who bets!

The only losing bookmakers - are those who’s punters are all shrewdies.
The only winning punters - are those who are both shrewd, and can find one of an increasingly shrinking pool of bookmakers - to get their money on!
Bookmakers restrict punters the moment they start to show signs of “consistent value betting” - and close accounts outright should they ever land a big win at prices they bookmaker never had chance to lay off.

No one actually had a large bet on say, Leicester to win @ 5000-1 though. I think the biggest bet in the entire country was a fiver at that price. Most of the bets were in the 50p-£1 range.
If you came in with a tenner or more - you’d be offered 2000-1 or less then and there.

On the OP, it’s all too possible these days for an advert to apparently advertise a “■■■■■ in the armor” which is nothing of the sort of course.
A high headline wage PAYE is an excellent proposition. A slightly higher rate but “only available via SE/Umbrella” means leaving yourself open for all kinds of problems that should not happen under the PAYE system.
That’s why it’s essential to push for it. If governments are not careful - we might reach the stage in the years to come where no one is left on PAYE at all - and therefore no one gets to actually pay any taxes due to offsets. Once no taxes are paid - the rates become unimportant, and by that point - it’s too late to reverse the changes. The tax system collapsing is FAR more dangerous to our country than “Brexit”. :wink:

I’ve just seen a classic example of a bet that is priced wayy too short compared to it’s actual chances of happening - which happens to be as close to 0.0 probability as one could see…

“Amber Rudd to be the Next Prime Minister after Theresa May - 13/2 odds”

WTF? She’s got a wafer thin majority. There is no way the Conservative party would even let her become leader with a Gnat’s chuff of a winning margin in her own seat like THAT.

The people who see her price shortening at the bookies though - I doubt they are looking at Amber Rudd’s constituency in all this at all. The data is freely available, but the sort of person who looks up such data - is not the sort of person who bets!

"You are more likely to make consistent profits on your investments if your views differ from those of most people - providing you are proven correct as well of course!"

Find something that seems unlikely to everyone else, but a good prospect to yourself - and find someone who’ll offer you a big price on it. :wink:

truckman020:
I had a chance to work in Kuwait earning good tax free money as a hgv1 driver,it had all the benefits but one drew me to it,death in employment benefit,when I looked into it I would be driving from the ports to American and british bases on re supply work,i thought no thank you,never followed it up

I saw a similar advert, for haliburton, £1500 a week,sign on bonus,bring a friend bonus, accommodation, food, flights paid, The job was driving fuel tankers To re supply US bases, were ever called,

I’m always suspicious of any job with a “bring a friend” sign-up bonus. Makes you wonder WTF is wrong with this job that they have to bribe people to even apply? :open_mouth:

Ffs winseer, you been on speed this weekend?