ADR

Hi guys does anyone know how long after sitting the course do you get to use it . It was always 5-6 weeks is it any quicker in these days . Thanks

chester1:
Hi guys does anyone know how long after sitting the course do you get to use it . It was always 5-6 weeks is it any quicker in these days . Thanks

Hi chester1,

The answer to your question depends on whether you took your exams online or you took your exams on paper.
BTW, it’s up to the ADR provider as to which type of exams they offer.

If you did the paper exams, then you can expect it to take up to 5 weeks for you to get your ADR card.

The online exams are usually somewhat speedier at (average) up to 2 weeks.

Thanks dieseldave booked myself on a course for next month didn’t want to jump the gun in looking for work . Not sure if it online or not will have to call and check . Done 3 times before and hazpack before that so should be ok . Thanks again

chester1:
Thanks dieseldave booked myself on a course for next month didn’t want to jump the gun in looking for work . Not sure if it online or not will have to call and check . Done 3 times before and hazpack before that so should be ok . Thanks again

If you need your card quickly, then it might pay you to ask, otherwise it’ll be pretty much the same turnaround time that you had last time.

SQA encourage the providers to take the online option because it’s much quicker for all concerned, but the downside for the providers is that they need to invest in some computers and a bit of IT infrastructure.

They’re just like hauliers really, cos some of them are tight gits!! :smiley:

dieseldave:

chester1:

If you need your card quickly, then it might pay you to ask, otherwise it’ll be pretty much the same turnaround time that you had last time.

SQA encourage the providers to take the online option because it’s much quicker for all concerned, but the downside for the providers is that they need to invest in some computers and a bit of IT infrastructure.

I’m in no awfull hurry not been driving for a year. I suspect the one I’ve booked will be the paper one as it’s £200 cheaper than most in my area . Now who’s the tight git lol

chester1:

dieseldave:

chester1:

I’m in no awfull hurry not been driving for a year. I suspect the one I’ve booked will be the paper one as it’s £200 cheaper than most in my area . Now who’s the tight git lol

The exam route called ‘common characteristics’ is the cheapest route, no matter whether the exam is on paper or online.

Now that’s another question well worth asking. :smiley:

The difference in exam marking fees is £80, so that’s why. :wink:

Did mine online on a Friday at midday. Card arrived in the post Tuesday morning.

silverman:
Did mine online on a Friday at midday. Card arrived in the post Tuesday morning.

That’s quick

chester1:

silverman:

That’s quick

And it was a bank holiday Monday here, but as it came from Scotland it wasn’t affected.

Unfortunately mine is the paper test and will be 5 weeks . No biggie not driving at the moment just doing it as a just in case I return and it keeps my dcpc up to date

chester1:
Unfortunately mine is the paper test and will be 5 weeks . No biggie not driving at the moment just doing it as a just in case I return and it keeps my dcpc up to date

Hi Chester1,

It might not be as bad as 5 weeks, because their rules state up to 5 weeks.
I’ve known guys get their card in 2 - 3 weeks from the paper system.

I hope you managed to save the £80 I mentioned, do you remember how many exams you took?

dieseldave:

chester1:

Hi Chester1,

It might not be as bad as 5 weeks, because their rules state up to 5 weeks.
I’ve known guys get their card in 2 - 3 weeks from the paper system.

I hope you managed to save the £80 I mentioned, do you remember how many exams you took?

Hi. I did forget to ask to be honest but I will give them a call. these guys where £210 cheaper than the others in the area for tanks packages and 7 core . I did toy with doing explosives again but had little use of it last time I did it