Cash for crash scammer gets 6 months

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … on-M4.html

Standard fare for drivers trying to queue jump, always makes me wonder how many are hoping I’ll hit them.

Now, can anyone recommend a decent dash cam? :grimacing:

And that is the reason I have invested in a dash cm for each of my vehicles, plus I get a discount on my premium !

Unlucky mohammed

Pity he didn’t get 6 months and a good kicking… [emoji48]

Won’t be long before these fraudsters figure out a dash cam can only see certain aspects so I hope insurers are more vigorous investigating collisions that cause damage in certain areas of a vehicle especially cut in ones like this was. At this rate we’ll need 360deg cameras ffs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always the same ‘type’ who do this sort of thing, seems its inbred into them at birth…

I just knew… it would have to of been? :grimacing:

Because the British tax payer don’t give them enough benefits, in their opinion …

raymundo:
Because the British tax payer don’t give them enough benefits, in their opinion …

to send home to Pakistan you mean. :grimacing:

AndrewG:
Always the same ‘type’ who do this sort of thing, seems its inbred into them at birth…

Well as soon as you see his name Mohamed Rahman, you don’t need much else to realise it was a scam

I have had attempts of this a few times, recently on Broadway in the Bronx a car with about 4 people in was visible in my mirrors for a mile or so, then came along side when I got to t he 30 mph mark, it pulled sharply in front and hit the brakes, luckily not only do I have a dash cam, my truck also has a automatic braking system such as we often see in the Volvo and Scania videos on you tube. Several attempt later we pulled up at some lights and he was watching me in his mirror, I pointed to the dash cam and shouted, “Should I call the cops ?” He gave me the middle finger and sped off… Which is just as well, because after 3 years of owning the dash cam I still have no idea how to upload the videos ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Had several people try a cash for crash scam on me now, but luckily have myself a Nextbase 312GW dash cam installed. I’m not very tech savvy, but like others have mentioned just having one present is a great deterrent for people.

If you’re looking into getting a dash cam but not sure what to get, you can try the Car Dash Cam Reviews site, it’s got some nice guides to models on the UK market.

dcgpx:
Won’t be long before these fraudsters figure out a dash cam can only see certain aspects so I hope insurers are more vigorous investigating collisions that cause damage in certain areas of a vehicle especially cut in ones like this was. At this rate we’ll need 360deg cameras ffs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our 12 plate MANs have cameras covering all angles, our 16 plate ones have no cameras and I expect the 17 plate ones coming in July to replace the 12 plates won’t have cameras either…