Do you stay in same truck all the time Poll

As the title says , do you stay in same truck all the time or do you cab hop every day

When you say ‘stay’ do you mean drive, live, sleep in, all 3, or a combination.
I drive and sleep in the same motor all the time, that’s how I like it.
Cab hop tramping would do my swede in.

I work for a green coloured supermarket so unfortunately I have a different motor everyday but they are all the same apart from some hire ones we have. I would absolutely love to have a truck to myself as I’m a bit on the ■■■■ side with keeping things clean but it’ll probably never happen :frowning:

Yeh I’m a tramper. If my trucks off the road for say an mot or a service I just do locals.

robroy:
When you say ‘stay’ do you mean drive, live, sleep in, all 3, or a combination.
I drive and sleep in the same motor all the time, that’s how I like it.
Cab hop tramping would do my swede in.

Yep I do , or day worker who has same truck every day
And yes robroy I would be the same if I had to cab hop tramp or should I say I wouldn’t

bald bloke:
I work for a green coloured supermarket so unfortunately I have a different motor everyday but they are all the same apart from some hire ones we have. I would absolutely love to have a truck to myself as I’m a bit on the ■■■■ side with keeping things clean but it’ll probably never happen :frowning:

You know what you’re missing :frowning: it’s bliss coming in to work the next day and knowing the truck is as you left it and the fuel and adblue levels are the same as you left it the night before :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I have an allocated vehicle. If I’m required to drive another vehicle, it’s only on day work. Nobody sleeps in allocated vehicles except the allocated driver

Same truck pretty much permanently. Only exception is when on a service I may have another for one day. When on my hols there may be another driver in “mine”. What a thought though . . . driving a horrible dog for years to come. . .

bald bloke:

It can work, as Tesco operate allocated vehicles at Welham Green, and they used to at Harlow. Iceland Enfield do too. The office staff of most supermarkets can’t be bothered with allocation usually. That would mean using their brains to administer a set up like that. Much easier to pick up a set of keys without having to check what time it’s allocated driver will be in. And nobody moans about the cost of the damages either. Which are easier to control with allocated drivers

OVLOV JAY:
I have an allocated vehicle. If I’m required to drive another vehicle, it’s only on day work. Nobody sleeps in allocated vehicles except the allocated driver

Got any jobs going :wink:

Strictly one truck one driver at my place.
When i have time off so does my truck, even if another driver has a breakdown he will not be put out in mine.

alfa man:
Strictly one truck one driver at my place.
When i have time off so does my truck, even if another driver has a breakdown he will not be put out in mine.

How it should be :wink:
But I know mine may be used at some point this week even though I’m off :frowning:

Been in my current job for nearly 10 months now and don’t have a regular truck yet. I’m only a day driver though. I thought it would bother me having to cab hop after having an allocated truck for 9 yrs in my last job. But it hasn’t been too bad. Trucks are mostly all clean and tidy and with having our own workshop, generally fault free when i get them. Normally get a truck for a week or fortnight at a time when it’s regular driver is on holiday. Although I’ve been driving the same 16 plate scania for 3 weeks now and looks like I could have it for the foreseeable. It’s regular man has failed his medical and will be off the road for 3 months minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep the same truck all the time. If I have a day or two off its parked up, but for a whole week they would put our relief driver on it. He’s employed by the company though, not an outside agency driver.

4 of us at our place and we only use our own truck, trailer and moffett. When our trucks are off the road for whatever reason we tend to do locals in the works van. I’m not saying if one of us is off and one of the other trucks off road they won’t get used but it’s very rare and wouldn’t be on a night out. I had a short stint with maritime where you’re supposed to be allocated a truck but in reality you hardly ever see it which did my head in.

One of the downsides of our job is that we swap trucks about and it’s double man. There’s two crews that pretty much stick together (one of them’s a married crew and they’ve been with me 20 years :open_mouth: …), the others rotate a bit. No one seems to mind.

Sometimes we get the Class 1lads to drive a van or a 7.5 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

albion:
One of the downsides of our job is that we swap trucks about and it’s double man. There’s two crews that pretty much stick together (one of them’s a married crew and they’ve been with me 20 years :open_mouth: …), the others rotate a bit. No one seems to mind.

Sometimes we get the Class 1lads to drive a van or a 7.5 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I bet that goes down well with the driving gods :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

blue estate:

albion:

I bet that goes down well with the driving gods :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tell them before they join, they get the same money, none of them mind. We don’t seem to get prima donnas :sunglasses:

albion:

The shame of it :laughing:

@billybigrig :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: