Sharing Trampers

Opinions really.

When your week is over, does your (speaking metaphorically) truck then go out again with another driver overnight or is just used by day men until you come back in to start your week again?

Reason I ask is a personal hygiene issue with other unknowns using your bed while your off.

I’ve been in some stinking cabs and wouldn’t particularly fancy sleeping in someone else’s pee or sweat!

Although it would now seem that there is no choice?!

Yuk!!!

Do you pee the bed?

Somebody with a weak bladder or prostrate problems could wee in the bed by accident or wake up in the night and spill the wee bottle or miss the top of the bottle and it goes on the bed.
I have been in cabs that smell like a dead badger.Stale sweat on a warm day can make you puke.Fabreeze wont get rid of it.
Dettol or putting the jet wash hose inside the cab may get rid of it.
If i share cabs i have noticed itching in the night.Did the driver have a dog at home and the cab has fleas or lice.?
Many drivers have hand sterilising gel to wipe the steering wheel and other places where others have touched.
You have to ask yourself did he clean his hands after going to the loo.If not his germs are now heading your way.

Do I detect a touch of germophobia/germaphobia from the OP?

happysack:
Do you pee the bed?

Tena for men?
tenadirect.co.uk/men/?cmpid … t-buy-tena
Whether they make em in morbidly obese truck driver sizes … I dunno

But if the OP is so worried that (like goldilocks & the 3 bears) someone had been sleeping in “their bed” maybe they should remove said bed/mattress/ bedding when they get back to the yard at the end of the week, and put it in storage or take it home with them so no one else can desecrate it :unamused:

Peirre
(Bored sat waiting in a sainsbury’s RDC)

nope I only sleep in my own ■■■■ :wink: :wink: :wink: trucks all parked up outside my house and that is where it will stay till Monday morning :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

peirre:
Do I detect a touch of germophobia/germaphobia from the OP?

happysack:
Do you pee the bed?

germo/germaphobia? Never heard of it personally but thanks for the heads up - and no I don’t suffer with it. :wink:

I thought Tena was only for Ladies? Didn’t know they did such a thing for Laddies as well - thanks for the info! :wink:

No, I don’t pee the bed - but if I did have a weak bladder or some other medical problem I certainly WOULD be sharing it with my employer so that he could ensure the no one else would have to share my bodily fluids! :wink: I would also expect my employer to respect my privacy and not let all and sundry know why the said vehicle was only ever used by me!

I believe that my confidentiality is to be respected at all times :wink:

If I was the only user of the vehicle then it wouldn’t really matter if I urinate, deficate, be sick or anything else on or in it because I would have to clean it and it would only affect me. :wink: I wouldn’t expect anyone else to have to put up with it either.

I do clear my cab at the end of the week or when on holiday (after all it isn’t mine is it) but taking the mattress out is a bit much. My locker isn’t big enough and I don’t think I should carry it around in my car either and I’m also informed that another driver may need to make use of it when overnighting so do not remove it.

Oh we’ll, I asked for opinions. :wink: :wink: :wink: :slight_smile:

When i am off others do drive the vehicle but dont do nights out. they may have a kip on the mattress (all bedding goes home with me every week anyhow) .I do have a mattress cover that i put on thus protecting me and others from each others diseases :wink:
could be the solution your looking for,make sure you get a quality one from most bed linen shops.

There is the issue of dandruff, pubic hairs and head hairs in cabs.Some firms run trucks on days then send them on a night shift.
The truck i had,the night driver liked to eat chocalate and leave remains of it on the driving seat.
Then there is mucus from sneazing that needs to be cleaned up too.An idea is to turn over the mattress and hope the others have not thought of doing the same.
Some cabs have had ■■■ ash and rolling tobacco left all over.

I’m on 4on 4off so i share, the ■■■■ i have learnt to live with its when he wipes his arse on the frilly curtains i cant get live with

When your finshed flip the mattress. I always wipe the steering wheel and anything else another driver may of touched even before I put my tacho in.

bjd:
I’m on 4on 4off so i share, the ■■■■ i have learnt to live with its when he wipes his arse on the frilly curtains i cant get live with

Best hope he isn’t too much into self-pleasure…he may be wiping something else on your curtains as well! :grimacing:

fredthered:
Moan moan moan.

There’s always choice.

My wagon is parked up in the yard. It has been since 3pm last Friday. I don’t own it, but despite this, the keys are on my kitchen table. I’ve never nighted out in it (nor has anybody else), but I do have an hour or two on the bunk every weekday lunchtime.

If you choose to sleep in another man’s bodily fluids then you’ve got nobody to blame but yourself.

I work for a small company we only got bout 70 trucks but say only 60 or so are assigned to drivers full time so if truck breaks down you jump into a spare so that’s means my week off next week my truck is parked up in the yard having a rest same as me but it did used to wind me up in the uk because you could gaurentee when you came back off holiday it would be in ■■■■■ state

fredthered:
Opinions really.

When your week is over, does your (speaking metaphorically) truck then go out again with another driver overnight or is just used by day men until you come back in to start your week again?

Reason I ask is a personal hygiene issue with other unknowns using your bed while your off.

I’ve been in some stinking cabs and wouldn’t particularly fancy sleeping in someone else’s pee or sweat!

Yuk!!!

How old was the truck when you got it?

mickyblue:

fredthered:
Opinions really.

Yuk!!!

How old was the truck when you got it?

New - but what difference would that make?

If you have to share you have to share. I’ll just make sure I spend (paid :wink:) time cleaning it properly before I leave the yard.

it makes a difference because if it was 2nd hand then chances are someone has already slept in the bed.

I can’t understand why people ■■■■ in bottles. On the rare occasion I need one during the night, I just throw my keks on and jump out, doesn’t matter about the weather as my cab doesn’t stink of ■■■■.

I now share on a 4 on 4 off basis. I know the other chap is clean and that he sleeps on the bottom bunk so I just use the top one. Always cleaned by both of us before leaving cab for the 4 off, it’s not that hard is it?

I have met Prima Donna drivers that insist the truck their boss owns must have a full valet before they get in it after being away.

peirre:
But if the OP is so worried that (like goldilocks & the 3 bears) someone had been sleeping in “their bed” maybe they should remove said bed/mattress/ bedding when they get back to the yard at the end of the week, and put it in storage or take it home with them so no one else can desecrate it

Surely you would want to remove your sheet and wash it at the end of the week anyway??