Do you stay in same truck all the time Poll

billybigrig:

albion:
One of the downsides of our job is that we swap trucks about and it’s double man. There’s two crews that pretty much stick together (one of them’s a married crew and they’ve been with me 20 years :open_mouth: …), the others rotate a bit. No one seems to mind.

Sometimes we get the Class 1lads to drive a van or a 7.5 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

The shame of it :laughing:

It’s the rigid with a drag that makes the artic man look a plonker ! :smiley:

Yes normally have the same truck, even though I’m a day man, which is good as I know all the niggles etc and all the mirrors are set etc so no fannying around in the morning. Also it saves me taking most of my day kit out.
Though mines been out of service for a couple of weeks so I’ve been getting whichever shed they have running which is doing my head in atm as I like my truck clean and tidy.

billybigrig:

albion:
One of the downsides of our job is that we swap trucks about and it’s double man. There’s two crews that pretty much stick together (one of them’s a married crew and they’ve been with me 20 years :open_mouth: …), the others rotate a bit. No one seems to mind.

Sometimes we get the Class 1lads to drive a van or a 7.5 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I do, and don’t care if I drive either. Though I draw the line at our 7.5t Iveco as the auto box
changes are useless.

Aurri:

billybigrig:

albion:

I do, and don’t care if I drive either. Though I draw the line at our 7.5t Iveco as the auto box
changes are useless.

Ours are the same totally rubbish yet we also have an Iveco 7.5t daily van type and the auto box on that is a dream
So how can one manufacturer use 2 totally different auto boxes on same weight rated vehicles ?

The employed drivers at our place all stay in the same truck, its all top notch big power Ovlov/Scanny and the incentive to look after it is there with a bonus each month of 100eur for no damage.

Same wagon every day, all my own, no one else has driven it as long as I’ve had it.
I will need a skip when the time comes to move to a new wagon with all the “just incase” crap I’ve accumulated in it :blush:

albion:

blue estate:

albion:

I bet that goes down well with the driving gods :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tell them before they join, they get the same money, none of them mind. We don’t seem to get prima donnas :sunglasses:

A few years ago I worked for Next for a few months, and one morning I came in, and the planner was a bit flapped, as he didn’t have a truck, or a run, for me. He almost apologetically mentioned that all he had available was ‘van’ work… imagine his surprise when I said ‘as long as it had a wheel on each corner, and it’s legal…’. :laughing: They are so used to ‘big rig’ drivers refusing to drive a van, they can’t seem to get their head around it when one is happy to just get on with what ever job comes along.

Guess who was kept on after the Christmas rush period? :sunglasses: :laughing:

Drift:
I will need a skip when the time comes to move to a new wagon with all the “just incase” crap I’ve accumulated in it :blush:

Same here, a couple of years back when I got a new truck the amount of “just incase” crap I removed from my old truck was ridiculous and I swore the new one would be kept with only stuff I actually use/need. unfortunately two years down the road the new motor is just as bad if not worse than the last one :blush: :blush:

alfa man:

Drift:

Same here, a couple of years back when I got a new truck the amount of “just incase” crap I removed from my old truck was ridiculous and I swore the new one would be kept with only stuff I actually use/need. unfortunately two years down the road the new motor is just as bad if not worse than the last one :blush: :blush:

Guess what I’ve done last 2 days ?
Sorted crap out from my truck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the nodding donkey:

albion:

blue estate:

albion:

I bet that goes down well with the driving gods :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tell them before they join, they get the same money, none of them mind. We don’t seem to get prima donnas :sunglasses:

A few years ago I worked for Next for a few months, and one morning I came in, and the planner was a bit flapped, as he didn’t have a truck, or a run, for me. He almost apologetically mentioned that all he had available was ‘van’ work… imagine his surprise when I said ‘as long as it had a wheel on each corner, and it’s legal…’. :laughing: They are so used to ‘big rig’ drivers refusing to drive a van, they can’t seem to get their head around it when one is happy to just get on with what ever job comes along.

Few years back we had a 21 year o ld apply. Thought we’d give him a chance. He turned down a better paying job, learning Euro, clean work, for being on agency on a supermarket run because he might have to get in a van.

Each to their own and all that.

billybigrig:

albion:

oh so ya not dead then billy :open_mouth:

oh an one truck one driver ours do occasionally go out with another driver but very very rare to the point of mine has so far never moved when i have been off :confused:

albion:

[/quote]
Few years back we had a 21 year o ld apply. Thought we’d give him a chance. He turned down a better paying job, learning Euro, clean work, for being on agency on a supermarket run because he might have to get in a van.

[/quote]
I’m a driver. I earn my living driving. Wether that’s a 44ton artic or a van. As long as I get paid…

Same truck, no one else driving it except if I’m on holiday, and thats one of the retired lads who wants to top his pension up.
Really lucky as I dont think I could share, cab hop, or just be given any old thing to drive…and that means a lot.

albion:

Theyre exactly the type you dont want. One of the attractions at our place is the top spec big hp and blinged Volvo and Scania fleet but any potential new drivers are led out into the yard and asked whether theyrd drive a particular worn out pos which lurks in the yard un beknown to them its the yard shunter…much depends on the answer… :wink:

Drift:
Same wagon every day, all my own, no one else has driven it as long as I’ve had it.

Never mind the skip, when you gonna straighten that top spot :grimacing:

It messes with my ocd :laughing:

gonzothejaffa1:

billybigrig:

albion:

oh so ya not dead then billy :open_mouth:

oh an one truck one driver ours do occasionally go out with another driver but very very rare to the point of mine has so far never moved when i have been off :confused:

No just napping :wink:

Same unit and trailer everyday. New well specced megaglobespaceliner, every 3 years, for the half dozen nights out a year I do :grimacing:

AndrewG:

albion:

Theyre exactly the type you dont want. One of the attractions at our place is the top spec big hp and blinged Volvo and Scania fleet but any potential new drivers are led out into the yard and asked whether theyrd drive a particular worn out pos which lurks in the yard un beknown to them its the yard shunter…much depends on the answer… :wink:

Woooshh. :sunglasses:

I’ve unfortunately never lost that owner driver mentality to the truck that is allocated to me at the time.
I do try and keep it spotless inside, seeing as I live in it more days of the week than I do at home.
I become irrationally ■■■■■■ if it is used when I am off, although I fully understand it has to be used to maintain an income and all that, so don’t waste your time posting so.
If I come back after my hols and it is a mess inside, I go (again irrationally :unamused: ) absolutely ■■■■ ape ■■■■.
To be fair the boss knows what I am like, so he is selective who he puts on it, so everythings cool.

robroy:
I’ve unfortunately never lost that owner driver mentality to the truck that is allocated to me at the time.
I do try and keep it spotless inside, seeing as I live in it more days of the week than I do at home.
I become irrationally ■■■■■■ if it is used when I am off, although I fully understand it has to be used to maintain an income and all that, so don’t waste your time posting so.
If I come back after my hols and it is a mess inside, I go (again irrationally :unamused: ) absolutely [zb] ape [zb].
To be fair the boss knows what I am like, so he is selective who he puts on it, so everythings cool.

You need to get a four on-four off job mate. So much time at home, you wonder if time has shifted. And still get paid a weeks wages…

the nodding donkey:

robroy:
If I come back after my hols and it is a mess inside, I go (again irrationally :unamused: ) absolutely [zb] ape [zb].

You need to get a four on-four off job mate. So much time at home, you wonder if time has shifted. And still get paid a weeks wages…

I definitely aint as bad as I was, away all week every week, and being weekended here there and everywhere.
I do Tue to Sat am or lunchtime, so always get a 2 and a half day weekend every week, so I’m getting there slowly.
This week was a bit different,.I was home at 5pm after hold ups, but still not back in to late Wed am with a day’s holiday in.

Just out of interest how many hours do you put in on your 4 on.
Do they expect you to max it or what.